Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Registration and Account edit Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Registration and Account edit Questions.

Is there a way to set up a customer registration page so that the customer can create their own accounts?

Also, once the account is created, in actinic or otherwise, is there a way for the customer to change their password or shipping information?

Thank you for taking the time to view my questions.

Hi Mark,

Is there a way to set up a customer registration page so that the customer can create their own accounts?
    I'm afraid that this is not possible as Actinic does not upload a database to the server, this has to be done manually on the merchant pc. Take a look at our Advanced User Guide for 'Allowing Customers to Register for Accounts Online'.

Also, once the account is created, in actinic or otherwise, is there a way for the customer to change their password or shipping information?
    Again, this is not possible.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Customer Registration - setting up accounts, editing, lost password retrieval etc.

Hi There,

Is this something that Actinic are looking to include in future releases? It's a commonly asked question and it seems to be the one key failing of Actinic that several other e-commerce packages do offer.
      Perhaps a limitation of the Access database (?), but something that would round off Actinic nicely - I'm sure many would agree.

The dummy product workaround is not ideal and looks quite unprofessional in the (only) way it works.

Any news please?

Many thanks (in anticipation!).

Comment

Hi there

Currently Actinic is an offline product, To do what you are asking, we need to use an online database. We are currently investigating this at the moment.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Online database for customer to create accounts

You said there are other shopping carts that have Online databases for customer to create accounts and change passwords. Please tell me their names.

Comment

Sorry Scott - but you'll have to do that research yourself. Unfortunately, we can't really talk about competitors on this community.

Comment

Would you allow other users to post?

My life is being overtaken by this major inefficiency.

Customers don't use their accounts because they forget their passwords and don't bother to ask for them.

I don't want them to ask for them because it wast time.

I have no choice because i want my customers.

Spend to much time setting up customers.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear that. I'll add this to the wish list on your behalf, but unfortunately as it stands, this feature is not possible.
                Regards
                Natalie Omany
                sigpic
                Actinic Online Technical Support
                www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

I have no choice because i want my customers.
                  You do - just let them shop - they dont need to create an account.

Having to register for an account in my books is the biggest way to loose customers (even if its an online database) If I visit a site and it says I have to register to buy then I leave immediately. Only use it if you absolutely must

Comment

Just tried an order on your site and got this:

General Information
                    "Is this your first order? If NO have you changed address or email? Please reset next time you order." is required.

And I was bounced back to the payment page - if I was shopping then I would leave at this point

Comment

Also all your pages say you accept paypal but when you get to checkout its not available = lost sales?

Comment

Working...
                      X