Multiple reference codes for same product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple reference codes for same product

Small problem i hope. On the website i'm currently building, i've got several products which have different item codes for different colours yet same price etc. Can i give these different colours seperate reference numbers as i want to keep supplier codes for my convenience without having to create seperate products for what is essentially the same product?
    Do Actinic as Novice/hobby just helping out friends!!

www.smallworldproducts.com

Yes.

The best way of doing this is to create a unique product within actinic for each supplier product with its own reference number.

You can then use these as components for the products you sell to your customer.

for example, if you buy in small-red-widgets with a supplier reference code of SRW and small Blue widgets with a supplier reference of SBW, then once you'd created those within actinic you can sell a product called 'widgets' with a choice of 'red' or 'blue' where the customer choice will call up the appropriate product and reference number. This will also take into account any stock control you may want for the underlying products.

This is harder to describe than it is to do. There are various user guides and help information within actinic to show you how to do it in practice. You may also want to think about one of the actinic training courses.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

thanks for that works a treat. Will consider a training course just got to find the time. I've started creating basic websites as a hobby so only have evenings to work on it, and learning as i go.

cheers

Matt
      Do Actinic as Novice/hobby just helping out friends!!

www.smallworldproducts.com

Comment

Working...
      X