Custom Email Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Email Template

The custom email template does not work. All the variables in this template are of the form <Actinic:ORDER_NUMBER/> as you can see here, and when the email is viewed or sent they are rendered as plain text.
    Surely they should be in the form NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_DATA?
    I am hoping to use a custom template to Pass Orders to a Third-Party Fulfilment House, as in this thread.
    Is this a bug, or have I done something stupid?

P.S. I made a new template based on one of the predefined ones, and that seems to be working. Is there a way to include the product code in a generated email?
    Last edited by doug selby; 19-May-2005, 04:42 PM. Reason: clarification
    Developer v7.0.5;
    Dulcie Angel Bridal Accessories
    &
    Medscope Medical Diagnostic Equipment

Hi Doug,

There are two forms of email in Actinic. The emails which are online and the emails which are offline. Both of the emails will always be rendered as plain text.
    <Actinic:ORDER_NUMBER/> is coming from the online email. While NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_DATA comes from the offline email (sending emails from Catalog). This is not a bug, currently you cannot change the content of "NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_DATA".

Is there a way to include the product code in a generated email?
    You can only get the product reference number by unticking "Auto Generate Product Reference", in "View | Business Settings | Options". Once you have done this you will get "Product Ref" in the offline emails.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem.

What threw me is that I was working off-line, in the order manager. I didn't expect to be offered a template for an online email.
      I have now replaced 'Act_NewEmail.txt' with one based on NETQUOTEVARs. I guess I will have to look out for this if I come to create any new on-line emails!

You can only get the product reference number by unticking "Auto Generate Product Reference", in "View | Business Settings | Options". Once you have done this you will get "Product Ref" in the offline emails.
      I have already un-ticked "Auto Generate Product Reference", as I use imported product references to match up with my supplier. I have ticked "Hide Product Reference in Online Catalogue" and "Show Product Reference when Editing Catalogue" however, maybe that makes a difference.

Cheers, Doug.
      Developer v7.0.5;
      &

Comment

Hi Doug,

I have ticked "Hide Product Reference in Online Catalogue" and "Show Product Reference when Editing Catalogue" however, maybe that makes a difference.
        Yes please untick these and try again with the offline email. This is what I done, when testing out an offline email.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Yes, that worked. I would quite like to hide te references on the site, but its not a big deal.
          Thanks for your help on this Nadeem, the official support request only produced a rehash of the help file!
          Developer v7.0.5;
          &

Comment

Working...
          X