Normenu issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normenu issue

Hi Norman (or anyone else kind enough to help )

I've just started using Normenu on a new version of my site. I think its great, however it takes a very long time to load the page and I haven't even put it online yet.

Is there a way I can reduce the loading time?

Kind Regards

Richard

Are you using background images for menu cells? If so, try to do without this feature. This is the major cause of slow loading as Internet Explorer loads the image repeatedly for each cell in the menu (not just the visible ones).

Also if you're a V5 or V6 user you might be better using the NorTree variant. This works with the Actinic generated section tree files and requires no user intervention when your section structure changes. NorMenu is needed for V3 or V4 where there are no section arrays available.

Without a site to see it's difficult to comment further.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

I have uploaded my catalog to http://www.macleanmarine.com/acatalog

I'm in the process of re-designing the site and its a little unfinished.

I am using the nortree variant as you suggested and I don't think I'm using images for the cell backgrounds :s

Any ideas?

Rich.

Comment

I am using the nortree variant as you suggested and I don't think I'm using images for the cell backgrounds :s
        You have entries in the BackGroundImages fields of '000080' and
        '3366FF'. These are wrong. Delete them. Only image filenames should go in there (and aren't recommeded anyway as IE reloads them each for each cell). Your erronous entries will be causing lots of attempted loads of non-existant files. You'll also have a huge error log on your server too.

Hope that fixes it.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X