Duplicate Filenames (again) & upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Filenames (again) & upgrading

Hi - a bit of a newbie with Actinic, I'm upgrading from version 4 to 7 that somebody else implemented, so apologies if this is a bit bizarre...

I'm also moving the site from one machine to another, so am installing, patching and importing a snapshot. My first question is - does this method go through the same upgrade procedure, or would I be better off upgrading the original machine, then exporting a v7 snapshot and importing it onto the new one?

If not, my second question is that once I've imported a snapshot and I try to perform an offline preview I get the "Some duplicate HTML file names have been found and therefore the generation cannot continue." error message with LOTS of pages highlighted. I don't think filenames were used in the previous version (in that as much was left for Actinic to decide as possible). Is it possible to somehow batch tidy these anomilies, or have I got one big job on my hands for my upgrade project?!

All help greatfully appreciated

Hi Simon,

better off upgrading the original machine, then exporting a v7 snapshot and importing it onto the new one?
    Yes you would be better off doing the above

Is it possible to somehow batch tidy these anomilies, or have I got one big job on my hands for my upgrade project?!
    The only way you could do this quickly, would be to open the actinic database in Access. If you go to your site1 folder (C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1) and fine "ActinicCatalog.mdb". Open it in Access 2000. Now find the "Catalog Section", and simply find the "sPagename" column. It may be easier to copy the content into Excel and do the change here or even write a query in Access.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X