"At least one package exceed the highest weight allowable" error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"At least one package exceed the highest weight allowable" error message

hi - I have just upgraded a v6 site to v7.0.3. I have an issue when viewing any order that I download.

When I view the order I get the error message :

"At least one package exceed the highest weight allowable for this class of shipping and the package cost has been set to zero. You should either adjust the weight of the pacakges(s) so it fits the table or increase the maximum weight aloowable for this class in Business Settings | Shipping and Handling or enter a cost for each of the overweight package(s)"
    I have not changed the business settings from v6. They are set to use "Total Value" and "Take highest value in the table". (See attached image)

I get the message regardless of whether the products is within the costs of the table or exceeds it so that it takes the highest value.

Am I missing something here?
    Attached Files
    Regards
    David

Hi just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone from Actinic can throw any light on it.
    Regards
    David

Comment

Have you tried changing the the setting to take the default charge if the band is not defined.

At the moment it is set to do not allow shipping.

Either that, or use the increment highest value in table.

Hope I am on the right lines-new to this, but I am sure someone will know the answer

Comment

Hi Mick - thanks for the reply. I made these changes but they made no difference.

As I said my delivery model is based on the value of the products yet the error message is talking about weights. None of my products have weights set as I do not ship dependent on weight.

Is there anyone at Actinic who could comment on this?
        Regards
        David

Comment

Hi there

I'm afraid without looking at the snapshot, I can't see a reason why you are getting that error message. I have not seen this error message on any other 7.0.3 upgrade. I just wonder, have you put in any weight for any product? Even though you are using "Total Value"?

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem - I don't really want to have to go through Actininc on 400+ products to check this.

What do I need to look for if I view the database via Microsoft Access.
            Regards
            David

Comment

Hi there

You need Access 2000, and all you do is go to your site1 folder (C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1), find "ActinicCatalog.mdb" and open it in Access.
              Now go to the "Product" and the weights are in the "ShippingOpaqueData" column.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi - this field is blank for every product.
                Regards
                David

Comment

Hi Nadeem - I have got this site scheduled to go live on Thursday and I need to make a decision on whether to postpone it or not by tomorrow.

Have you any other suggestions?
                  Regards
                  David

Comment

Hi David,

I can't see why you are getting this problem, You will need this checked with Technical Support, so might i suggest in registering a ticket on Email Support on: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem - I have sorted this out.

I un-installed v7, re-installed it and imported the snapshot. I then ordered a product on-line but still got the same problem.

I then refreshed the website, ordered a product and I no longer get the problem.
                      Regards
                      David

Comment

Working...
                      X