Custom P3P deployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom P3P deployment

Just where does NETQUOTEVAR:P3PFULLPOLICYLINK get its contents from?

It is publishing an incorrect value to my website resulting in a string of broken links and 404 errors from every spider that visits my site.

I have hard-coded a direct correct link into my code and show this on the page for humans, but the machine readable link that Actinic produces at the top of the page via NETQUOTEVAR:P3PFULLPOLICYLINK is still wrong.

I have spent hours trying all the convuluted combinations I could imagine the developers might have used to obfuscate the location of this particular NQV, to no avail. While I retain just a little sanity, I appeal for help from the gurus on this forum.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

I don't know if this is any help, the P3P info is held in ActinicCatalog.mdb, under setupinfo... perhaps there is something in there jiggering about with your code? I'm presuming the NQV just pulls it directly from the database?

Comment

Thanks, Big (I can call you Big can't I). I was rather hoping Actinic would pop in and tell us where they surface the property for adjustment - or that they don't.

Not much sense in me changing the database just for the software to overwrite it the next time I update a product description. Nothing in help, nothing in Knowledgebase, nothing in Starter Guide, nothing in Advanced and silence on the forum - surely I am not the first to want to do this.
      Bill

Comment

Lol you certainly can

I'm still quite new to Actinic and NQV's so there may be a hidden reference somewhere but I would suspect it is directly handled by Actinic... though it would certainly be nice to have an official comment ;-)

Comment

Hi there

The value NETQUOTEVAR:P3PFULLPOLICYLINK should come from "View | Business Settings | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy" and the "Compact Policy".
          In the "SetupInfo" table you could see "sP3PCompactPolicy" which holds this data.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem,

Actinic resolves NETQUOTEVAR:P3PFULLPOLICYLINK as www.mydomain.co.uk/p3pref.xml in the generated web pages, which is not the web location of my files - nor does this file reference appear anywhere in the setupinfo table.

In the database, I see Custom P3P Policy and the contents I cut and pasted into the compact policy window. What I do not see is the XML I copied and pasted into the full policy window in View| Business Settings. Obviously the software does not work the way I think it does, so perhaps an explanation from the developers of what they think their customers use the Business Settings boxes for, and how they (the developers) think it should work.

Obviously, the work around is to hard code the policy file locations into the Actinic Templates, but I hate to do that when the software supports P3P, which indicates that I am doing something wrong.
            Bill

Comment

Hi there

I will ask the development team how does P3P work with regards to Actinic, and post their answer here.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem. I will check later
                Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

Sorry it took so long to reply back. Anyway got some information. There is an investigation at the moment to see with regards to "p3pref.xml". The reference to p3pref.xml is only for Custom P3P policy.
                  The Basic P3P Policy comes from nqset00.fil, which is sent to the browser in
                  the page header.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks, Nadeem.

It seems I will have to go for hard code in the Act_Primary files then to point at the correct location for the p3pref.xml file. Can I take it I just insert the hard coded location immediately after the NETQUOTEVAR:P3PFULLPOLICYLINK, and my entry will override that link?

Thanks
                    Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X