Dynamic Object Resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Object Resizing

Am trying to include images (jpegs and/or flash) that resize dynamically with the page.

I am including them as HTML in a fragment for example;

!!<<table width="100%" height="100%"><tr><td>
    <object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="100%" height="100%">
    <param name="movie" value="shopfront.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <embed src="shopfront.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%" height="100%"></embed></object>
    </td></tr></table>>!!

This <object> works fine when I test it in a page of its own but stops as soon as it is included in my Actinic page. Flash or JPEG objects will not resize to full height and consequently have a border (in this case) to the left and right.

I have tride ExactFit but that simply stretches them horizontally and does not retain the aspect ratio.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by wfl; 18-May-2005, 03:08 PM. Reason: Smillie face in code ;=)

Have you checked your fragment template does not have a cell padding specified?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      Have you checked your fragment template does not have a cell padding specified?
      I have been thru and turned sizing, padding and spacing on and off for the whole nest.

The only thing that works so far is to;

a/ make sure that the whole nest containing the OBJECT is sized, in particular the height needs to be 100%.

and

b/ hard code the OBJECT outside of the Actinic structure.

This way I can get my front page to work as I want so long as I am able to live with or adjust the constrictions enforced by setting the height.

The next problem is getting everything to stick to the top vertically. I have every table, cell, object, embed and so on set to align=top but whatever the page tends to go to middle. FF1.04 does work better that IE6

Comment

Working...
      X