Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copying the Actinic database onto another PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying the Actinic database onto another PC.

Hi all,

We have successfully been using Actinic's offline ordering function and even though the catalog is uploaded on one PC and the offline orders are being created on a second PC at a different branch, we have been able to keep the catalog data up to date.

I have been simply copying from the upload PC to the offline PC the tables; Catalog section, Product & ProductProperties and this has kept all the product changes, prices changes etc up to date.

However, one thing that doesn't appear to work properly is when we click delete and grey out a product on the upload PC, that data is not transferred. I presume there must be a column of data somewhere that tells Actinic that the particular product is deleted or not.

Has anyone got any ideas as to where this data is stored in the Actinic database?

Kind regards

Granthams

The 'delete' does not get written to the database tables you are copying until you run the purge contents menu option under housekeeping. Then the data is completely and irreversibly deleted.

The best (and supported) way to transfer info between the two machines is using the snapshot method. This would support your desire to see the greyed out sections/product pages etc greyed out.

I would recommend you abandon your current methods and go with snapshots.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
    X