Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Layout Problem

Hi there,

Has anyone any ideas as to why the section pages look like this (http://www.awarelondon.com/acatalog/Diesel_Swimwear.asp)?

When I leave it to the default settings, it displays fine (default is 4 for frist row col count and then 5 for second row)...

As soon as I make them 4 for the row col count and 4 for the second row, it end up looking like the link above... with a gap in between the second to last product and the last product...

I cannot seem to remedy this with whatever I do.. changing the default settings, chaing idividual setting and trying to change alignement in the template files etc...

Driving me mad!

Thanks
    Stu

I came across this too and for a time I added dummy products after the last item - special offers will be announced here - that sort of thing. Eventually I just moved away from the multi column layout....
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

What about creating an additional fragment [or two], using the 'image only' template and a spacer.gif as the image?
      Not tested it out, just a thought.

HTH
      Regards,
      Sharon
      www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
      www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
      www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Have you tried setting that particular section to Override Default Settings, then selecting 4 for 1st Row: 2 for 2nd (or 3 for 1st: 3 for 2nd). That should give you a balanced layout. We use this method quite a lot on our site to get a balanced layout, depending on total number of products in a section.

Regards
        Brian
        www.flowergallery.co.uk
        Same day flower delivery to UK
        Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
        International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Hi all,

Yes I have tried the overriding the default settings and it still comes up with this problem...

dummy products might be an idea! Although is it possible to remove these as an actual link?

Thanks
          Stu

Comment

Depends how you use it. If you have an image only fragment and the image is a spacer... Or put in a text link to another area of interest on your site. Add a "Coming soon" blurb...
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Where abouts can you change this setting to allow several products per row?

On Design - Options - Settings i can change the number of sectins per row but these options don't appear to have any effect on the products themselves. The product jsut display one below the other.

Thanks
              Olly

Comment

Hi Olly,

There is no function in Actinic to change the setting for product in row. Why not have a look into the knowledge base. Here is an article which allows you to layout products out in columns on the page.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                X