Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help - general script error!

Hi

I have a problem with a couple of product duplicates. When trying to add them to the basket it comes up with the following error:

"A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The specified product (reference 1!1239FNGCC) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner"

The original product adds to the basket with no problems and as far as I can see it is only these 2 product duplicates that show this error.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the product duplicates, I've also tried refreshing the website but with no luck.

I would appreciate any suggestions on this asap as the site is currently live!

Thanks

If you post a site link, someone can have a look and maybe see a solution for you.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi there

As Bill says, have a site link would make this more easier, but there is one thing to check. open your product layout template (normally its "Act_Productline.html") and see if "NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN" or "NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND" is in this template. If they are not, then you would need to put them in the template.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

I have now got the same error as you had (on every item on certain pages), where it won't let customers click on the 'Add to basket' without showing the error that the item has been removed. My site is Live and of course the problem is losing me sales (and customers).

The reason I am contacting you is to find out if you managed to fix the error problem, and most of all how you did it.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Thanks
        Colin

The message on me site is :

"A General Script Error Occurred

Error: The specified product (reference xxxxxxxxxxx) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.
        Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner"

1 of the problem pages is http://www.thelaughingstock.co.uk/ac...Male_Hats.html

Comment

Hi

In simple terms, I had too many red crosses in my content tree, or too many 'temporary' deleted items!

I had to go through and purge all the items that weren't needed on the site.

This solved the problem.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Nicola

Comment

Hi

GOOD NEWS... the error has been fixed .

I got rid of all the deleted files and then uploaded the site.

And it worked !!!!!

Thank you to everyone who helped with this problem especially to Nicola at www.avaproductions.co.uk who managed to solve the error.

Comment

Working...
            X