Index of /acatalog/ showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index of /acatalog/ showing?

Hi all - I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem - we had an invalid link on our homepage to a product reference that no longer existed, which when clicked gave an "index of /acatalog/" directory listing when the site tries to forward the customer on....

Anyone got any ideas?

Also for some strange reason I seem to have created a blank page for the Catalogue index.... where have i messed up this time?!!

Thanks in advance!

Wee update on that one, the directory contents bit is resolved after a full site purge&refresh - but the catalogue index page is blank..... what have I done!

Comment

As always, posting an URL so we can see your site would help immensely.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
        As always, posting an URL so we can see your site would help immensely.
        Whoops!

Sorry - it would help! the URL is www.thescotlandcollection.co.uk. Please bear in mind this is my first site, so be gentle! Many thanks for any help you can provide Norman

Comment

I'm not seeing a blank page - though it takes a moment or so for the huge image to open.

hmmm - sizes - small, medium etc - how about a conversion chart somewhere that spells it out - small = 36 in chest, medium = 38 to 40 in and so on.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Regarding your blank acatalog page/directory - the page's content is indeed blank, but there appear to be no links to it? Should visitors ever hit this page if that's the case?

(and a very nice site actually)

Ryan

Comment

You refer to mail order sales - how will you get any? - I can't find your address, phone no or email address anywhere on your site. In fact, the only way you can be contacted is through the Contact Us Button. Certainly wouldn't inspire confidence to order online either.

Regards
              Brian
              www.flowergallery.co.uk
              Same day flower delivery to UK
              Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
              International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Brian, with regard to the mail order sales, I am still working on the terms section (and the contact us - it doesn't seem to work for some reason!) so it is a case of 'bear with me' at the moment, like I said this is a first time so your comments have been noted!

Ryan - they do actually hit the page, and that's the problem - for example, once the cart process has been completed, the customer is returned to the site. However the page they get is that blank catalogue page... and I dunno where its coming from!

As for a conversion chart - there is actually a site guide at the top (rudimentary at the moment) which should help peeps out. But could use a little work!

Comment

Nice use of my "Donationware - strangely I've no record of you donating" Nortree.

If you FTP the trangle images - tri.gif, trileft.gif and tridown.gif into your website root folder they'll appear properly on the home page.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                    Nice use of my "Donationware - strangely I've no record of you donating" Nortree.

If you FTP the trangle images - tri.gif, trileft.gif and tridown.gif into your website root folder they'll appear properly on the home page.
                    Actually Norman, you are quite correct, so first let me apologise - you will be receiving a donation by myself personally, as I found your DHTML utterly brilliant, and I would dearly love to reuse it. Unfortunately though I have been working solidly on this for the past 2 weeks, so please accept my apologies for not receiving anything yet, but you will! (And thanks for the info on the triangles!)

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can change the landing page from after the ordering process. You could set this to your site root, as opposed to the catalogue root. Dunno where off the top of my head, sorry (and no time to dig just now)

Will customers still hit this page from elsewhere?

(a Donationware definition , for everyone's reference, inc. mine (particularly last paragraph)).

Comment

Hmmm, i'd be interested to know, I'll do some digging myself! I don't think they will, to be honest, but it's one of those gaps I'd rather close now, rather than find out later!

Comment

Working...
                        X