Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Remove All Login Links?

Hello all -

My store does not require login accounts of any kind so I am keen to remove all "Login" links - in case they confuse my customers (some of whom will be quite old). I have followed all the standard advice and unticked the 'Allow Orders from Customer Accounts' option in the business settings. The trouble is, although this action has removed the Login link from the store pages (which use the Act_primary template) it is still visible on the Home page and all other pages which use the Act_BrochurePrimary template.

It seems pointless to remove a link from one set of pages but not the others - so how can I remove the Login link completely?

AJ Howarth

try removing the text and images referenced in Design | Options | Navigation to see if that does the trick for you.

Comment

I'm grateful for the suggestion but it really doesn't help matters! My site uses text links for all navigation. To add a little "style" to the layout, each link is displayed surrounded by a set of square brackets. If I remove the Login text in the Options window I'll just be left with a set of empty brackets!

Surely, if I'm not using Login accounts there is no need to display the Login link. I can remove it quite simply from the Act_Primary templates - so why doesn't it work on the Act_BrochurePrimary templates?

AJ Howarth

Comment

In your brochure template, are you positioning the menu items using the NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE tag?

If so, then Actinic is doing the positioning, so by rights when you remove the option from the navigation menu, i.e. both text and the images, it should then automatically remove both elements, so no brackets should remain.

Did you try it to see if this will do it for you?

Comment

A-ha! I stand corrected. I assumed that if I just erased the text in the Navigation options it would just hide the link. In fact - as you suggested - the entire link has been removed (with all the trimmings)!

Thanks.

AJ

Comment

Hi

I have the same problem with empty brackets. I have removed the text from the Navigation menu but can't see how to remove it from the Primary template.

Your help is greaty appreciated!

Sheila
            Thanks
            Sheila

Comment

Hi,

Have you deleted both the text and the images from the Navigation Menu?

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

It's ok somewhere along the line I manged to get rid of the brackets and besides as I have fixed the 'Contact Us' down the left hand side I no longer need the header so I have deleted it.

Many thanks!
                Sheila
                Thanks
                Sheila

Comment

Working...
                X