Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount Difficulties!

Hi,

I’m in the process of applying a discount structure to my site and am struggling to get my head round it .

I have 3 customer groups called distributor, reseller and manufacturer. Within each group there are different discounts for different products, so for example:

Distributor Group
    Product A = 40% off
    Product B = 50% off
    Product C = 60% off

Reseller Group
    Product A = 10% off
    Product B = 20% off
    Product C = 30% off

Manufacturer Group
    Product A = 30% off
    Product B = 50% off
    Product C = 60% off

Can anyone help me figure out how to go about setting this up?

Thank you
    Charlotte

Anyone??? I’m concerned that this isn’t possible.

Comment

Hi Charlotte,

if you have Business / Developer editions you could try the following:

As you have different discounts within each group depending on the product you cannot use the auto generated price using Discounts and Surcharges | Customer Pricing (that would be the easy way but gives the same fixed percentage discount against the default base price schedule)

You can go into each product and using the PRICES tab and add the customer group and enter the prices manually, setting the minimum quantity as 1.

HTH

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jonty, I’ll have a go at doing that way.

Unfortunately, I’ve got about 4000 products to amend but at least I know it can be done!!

Kind regards
        Charlotte

Comment

Shame you cannot rationalise some of the discounts. You could try exporting the database and changing outside of Actinic which may be quicker than manually ploughing through every product

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            As you have different discounts within each group depending on the product you cannot use the auto generated price using Discounts and Surcharges | Customer Pricing (that would be the easy way but gives the same fixed percentage discount against the default base price schedule)
            Sorry but I'm not sure you are right here. I believe you can use the new discounting here. The following steps should be done for that:
            • Set up 3 Customer Group by using View|Customer Groups menu item. Then assign customers to these groups as appropriate.
            • Set up Product Groups by using View|Product Groups. Then assign products to the appropriate group.
            • Now go to the Discounts Dialog's Cart Content tab. Set up a discount for the first product group (e.g. 40% off on Products 'A') then go to the Restrictions tab, tick the "Restricted to Customer Group" checkbox and add the first customer group to the grid (Distributor Group).
            • Define the next discount on the same product group (e.g. 10% off on Products 'A') then restrict it to the appropriate customer group (Reseller Group in the origianal example).
            • ... and so on

It may seem to be difficult at first blink but more simple than updating 4000 products IMO.

Regards,
            Zoltan
            Actinic Software
            www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X