Clear All

Flumaxed :) ADDTOCARTBUTTON

Hi,

I have an some code within Act_ProductLine.html

Code:
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#99CCFF" align="center" nowrap><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b>
    <br /><br />
    <span class="actxsmall"><Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS></span></td>
    </tr>
    Which is designed to show the price with the add to cart button beneath in a small cell.

However I have a problem - on any items that have optional components- these components are being displayed above the add to cart button.

I need to split the components & the add to cart button - but these are both tied up within ADDTOCARTBUTTON - where can I find the code for this - so that I can try and split them. (essentially, I need the extra components outside of the cell above)

Any tips?

Thanks.

The problem is that the addtocart tag pulls everything into that single location (table cell).

We worked out a way of achieving this, but does require that every product uses the same or similar method for displaying the products, as it requires openning and closing of cells all over the place to achieve it in a clean and tidy fashion.

http://www.theflyingpiguk.com/acatal..._machines.html is where we did it first of all in v6 quite some time back, and then http://www.4suredomain04.co.uk/acatalog/1.html is its redesign under v7 underway now.

This is not an exhaustive walk thru on how to achieve it, but this is roughly how it is done:

1. Within the product template the normal product qty tag is moved to a cell separate from where it is situated next to the <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS> code, or simply commented out as the customer did not want this on show.

2. The <TD> </TD> surround the <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS> is removed, leaving just the ACTIONS tab in place.

3. The Act_CartButton, Act_VariantAttributeComponentName, Act_VariantRadioButton, Act_VariantCheckBox templates are all started with:

<tr><td colspan="2">

and all ended with:

</td></tr>

4. We commented out the AttributeName code (dunno why but we did).

5. Act_VariantListHeader starts with:

<td>

6. Act_VariantListFooter ends with:

</td></tr>

7. We then went into Design | Text and changed Phase -1 ID 2045 from <BR> to <!--<BR>--> as it was adding loads of BRs above each component above the table cells and it works as you see it.

Might have missed a bit, but that is the main elements of how it was achieved, which will hopefully give you somewhere to start from, although have to STRESS, make a backup first of all of the templates and do not forget that this has to be effected for all products, so if your need is only for 1 set of products for this to be workable on, then it will not be the answer for you.

Comment

Thanks - will have a play around with it tomorrow.

Comment

You can separate the variants (Attributes, Choices, Components, etc) from the Cart button. You can even set up to 20 such items into individual places on the page. Look in the advanced guide for NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - I did have a look but couldn't find what I was looking for - maybe I searched for the wrong thing - will look again.

I tried what support@techno wrote - but that failed misserably - managed to get all the add to basket icons for any products with components at the top of the page!!! Items without extra components were in their original place.

I think the biggest problem is working out how actinic builds the page - as it removed any tags you add to give a clue.

Will dig deeper....

(unless anyone wishes to do a little bit of paid work for me )

Comment

Ther's a good write-up in the Advanced Guide regarding Variants.

At the simplest NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS will lay out all choices, etc, separately from NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON. These two replace NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON.

You can do a lot more to get a custom layout but the AUG will help there.

Comment

Thanks - a little confused - have read the text - and followed it through - very simple to split off the add to basket - but I have two components, with check boxes - the check boxes are showing - but not the description. I can even add the items to a basket - so am almost there.

Looks fairly simple from the AUG - but it doen't show.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Can't tell without knowing precisely how you've used these NETQUOTEVAR's.

Also could you have made modifications to the assorted Variant templates that are affecting this?

The quick way to test for this is to put the old NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON back and see if everything shows up.

Comment

PHP Code:
                  <tr>
                      <
                  td valign="TOP" align="CENTER" rowspan="3"NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE

<br>
                      <
                  br>
                  <
                  table border="1" width="100%" id="table1" cellpadding="3" bordercolor="#FFCC33">
                          <
                  tr>
                              <
                  td bgcolor="#99CCFF" align="center" nowrap><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE<br><Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS></b></td>
                          </
                  tr>
                      </
                  table>
                      </
                  td>
                      <
                  td valign="TOP" align="LEFT">  
                        <
                  a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"><span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span></a>
                        <
                  span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF <br>

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION&nbsp;NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINK</span>NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON

<br>
                        <
                  span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK
                        NETQUOTEVAR
                  :PRICEEXPLANATION NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT NETQUOTEVAR:DATEPROMPT NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY</span></td>
                    </
                  tr>
                  <
                  tr>
                      <
                  td valign="TOP" align="LEFT">NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL1 NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR1<br>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL2 NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR2</td>
                    </
                  tr>
                  <
                  tr>
                      <
                  td valign="TOP" align="LEFT">NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML

</td>
                    </
                  tr
                  Is my code...

These are products with two components each both being optional.

The act_variant*.html templates are all as default - checked against demo site to confirm. If I put the NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON string back the descriptions appear.

Puzzled.

Comment

Try temporarily replacing

NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL1 NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR1<br>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL2 NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR2

with

NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS

and see of it works as expected then.

Also what version of Actinic are you using?

Comment

Hi Norman,

Thank you - this is now displaying - assume I can leave it as NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS?

I am using 7.0.4

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

You can.

Just for interest were there any other Attibutes and choices on these products?

If so you'd need extra NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABELn, NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTORn as you need 1 for each component and more for each additional attribute.

If that's not it then you may have found a bug.

Comment

No - just two plain boring components

If it is a bug - should it be passed to anyone to check? (not sure on the procedure)

Comment

NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABELn fails for Components with no Attributes

It's a Bug! I checked on 7.0.1 and 7.0.4 and the same thing happens.

If you create a product with two components and use a product template containing
                            Code:
                            			<Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS4>
                                                    <br>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL1 - NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR1
                                                    <br>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL2 - NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR2
                            to lay them out then nothing gets displayed for the NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABELn parameter.

If you add an Attribute and Choice(s) to any of these components then the NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABELn does in fact start to work but with another buglet present. In this case the Components Name is displayed not its HTML for Name field.

I'll post this as a seperate bug report.

Comment

Do I get a prize - LOL

Thanks for verifying my findings & helping with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X