flat import file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flat import file

I thought that it was possible to create an import file with just product reference number and price.

The product ref no being the unique identifier for a quick price change routine.

On importing my 2 column csv, actinic says I have to use section name also so it knows where to put things....

is this true? how do i get round this, as this will takes ages!

Jo, can you run the froogle extract, then import into excel, delete the columns you don't need. Make your changes then save as a csv from excel. I have not tried it but it sounds feasible.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Good Idea Bill, but v5 doesn't have the froogle export prog.

Although I could use Jan's Mash - which i will if Actinic confirm that I have to use section names

Comment

You definately need the section names in a flat import file. You can use a hierarchical import file with just the product reference and price thought - you might need to wrap a dummy section around it.

The easiest way to write a bit of SQL to do the update and make the change in access.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The easiest way to write a bit of SQL
          HoHo!! Good idea if I could do SQL....maybe my SQL for dummys is going to come out of the cupboard

Comment

Ok a plea to database/SQL bods...

This is what I want to do

I have a csv file with 2 cols prodref

using access how do I link to this file, join it to the product table on prod ref and write the csv price to the product table

TIA

Comment

Working...
            X