Outstanding products report??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding products report??

Is it only me who thinks that this report doesn't exactly do what it says it should?

I would have thought that, from the title, it would print a LIST of ALL ordered products in the outstanding orders pane for picking purposes.

All it prints is a pretty unintelligible (?sp) list (to me anyway! )
    Is there a way that I can print off a list of JUST the products that relate to the orders in the pending pane (like a stock list) so I can pick from one list instead of having to use all my packing lists in a pile?

Seems like a simple thing to me??
    Tracey

The outstanding product report prints a list of products that need to be picked and it uses the packing list status to determine whether they need to be picked or not, so in other words it prints a list of products from orders that have not had their packing list printed.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

OK, so maybe I've been doing it wrong?
      I usually do a packing list first then ship and print invoice and, on the occasions when I've tried to do a products list, it's created a list with all sorts of additional information like order numbers etc when all I want is a list of products, like the stock level reports list.
      If I make the product list the very first thing I print, does it print like this then?
      (can't try it out as I've no pending orders..lol..typically only just done them all!)
      Tracey

Comment

It will just include different orders if you print it before you print the packing lists.

You will get a list of products that need to be packed, with the quantity required and then for each product and order breakdown so that you know which box to put them into.

Regards
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

I woke up this morning thinking of ways to make our life a bit easier, and it occurred to me that if Actinic could print out a 'Picking List' that would save us (and maybe others) a lot of time.

What we'd want is to arrive in the morning, make a selection of, say, the weekends orders and then print out a summarised list of what products we need to get together for all orders in the selection (as you know, we already use your one-stop products).

It would need maybe 3 or 4 columns to include total quantity to pick (for all orders), the description (like it's shown on invoices with any component choices), and maybe a couple of 'tick boxes' (one for ticking when picked and one for writing any shortages).

Do you think this is possible? (and does it make any sense?!)

Thanks

Graham

Comment

A 'simple' picking list has been on my personal wish list for ages (since we started receiving more than a few orders a day).
            The current one generated by the system is pretty much gobbledegook - whilst it contains the information, it is pretty much worthless for the needs I think we are talking about.
            We need a list of products, one per line, with a total to pull for each product (not by order, but simply a total of all of each required to fill all outstanding orders), and sorted alphabetically (not by product number, date or other 'odd' index).

Martin

Comment

I agree
              tbh, that's what I thought the "outstanding products" report was supposed to be but obviously not!
              Tracey

Comment

Tracey - it does do whats it supposed to ie list outstanding products - but in an overly awkward fashion, which I would guess, dosen't really help the way most of us work.

I am not at work right now, so haven't gone one to hand, but it generates something like:

Order XYZ11222333

Order XYZ11222333

Order ABC9999999

when what I want is:

Product Y 1
                Product Z 2
                etc

simple, consolidated, and sorted into order, with no reference to order numbers or anything else (I have the individual picking tickets or invoices for that).

Its the fussy and unstructured layout thats all wrong.

The bottom line (and its an old chestnut) is that we really need customisable reports (without the need for a seperate reporting software)

Martin

ps I blame all my typos on a big fat ginger cat called Budda!!

Comment

Its the fussy and unstructured layout thats all wrong
                  yup
                  you have to wonder in what circumstances the current layout *is* helpful though!

Still, a simple list with quantities doesn't sound like asking for the earth, does it?
                  Tracey

Comment

Jobsworth Mate ...

The outstanding products report could be improved, I will take a look at it over the next few weeks and see what I can do with it. I have a bit of a long list at the moment though, but will get around to it.

Regards,

Comment

It's good to know I'm not the only one that thinks this would be a very handy report though

Comment

Working...
                      X