conflicting layouts with products and sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

conflicting layouts with products and sections

I'm designing a site that has different templates for the different kinds of pages displayed. On the main and sub-section pages there is a fixed main image that appears on the left hand side (the total page width is 950px and the column with this image in is 250px wide). However, on the product pages this main image on the left hand side does not appear . I have had no problems with this apart from one issue - on the section pages the main content fits into a column 700px wide and on the product pages the main content needs to be 950px wide. The products appear centred with a 750px width by default which looks strange as the text squashes - if I edit act_productbody.html to make the width 900 the products appear correctly but the sections stretch to 900px wide as well which forces them out of the layout table as the 250px image appears on the left in the section pages. I have also tried setting the width to 100% - this works for the products but my sections then look squashed in the center! I can't scrap the main image on the section pages as it is an integral part of the design but it cannot appear on the product pages as the 700px width remaining is not enough to display the product photos and information. Is there any way of editing the width of the table the products appear in without also editing the width of the table the sub-sections appear in? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nevermind - figured it out. Amending act_sectionlineboxes.html and forcing it
    to display a pixel width does the trick!

Comment

Working...
    X