Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nned some "idiot's Guide" help putting an ROI on site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nned some "idiot's Guide" help putting an ROI on site!

I'm really not very technically savvy at all and I need to "install" an ROI on my "post-checkout" page.

I've got full detailed instructions but, I'm ashamed to say, they mean nothing to me at all.
    A bit of copy and paste, I can handle, but it needs all sorts of other information what is just "whoosh" straight over my head!

If anyone has the knowledge and time to help me out, it'd be hugely appreciated!

Was going to post a lnk to the instructions but I've realised that I need to be logged in for it to work so I've copied them into the attached txt document.
    Seriously, I'd do it myself but I really don't understand a word of it (thought I was learning as I go along but sometimes you just get dragged back down to earth and realise that some things are just WAYYY beyond you! )

Anyway, if anyone can help me out, it'd be fantastic!
    Thanks
    Tracey
    Tracey

Seems fairly strait forward using the simple method you would add the java script to the Act_primary.html template. So just copy and paste the code: into your template:
    <script language="JavaScript">
    var merchant_id = '318923'
    var order_id = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
    var order_amt = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
    var category_id = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
    var category_name = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
    var product_id = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
    var product_name = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript" src="https://stat.DealTime.com/ROI/ROI.js?mid=318923"></script>
    As well you should consider using a seperate checkout primary template so that your user does not need to download the extra javascript code
    until the final checkout process. Then upload and test. I am pretty sure that shoul do it.

Brian
    Brian Johnson
    :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
    1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Hi Brian,
      Thanks for your reply
      I was under the impression that it needed to be inserted into a page in the checkout?
      Also, not meaning to sound dim but I have no clue what to put in the 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE' parts!!
      Told you it needed to be idiot's guide. I'm still in the dark about what I'm doing
      Tracey

Comment

Sorry, Let me try again.
        locate the Act_CheckoutPrimary.html template in your site directory
        c:\program files\actinic v7\sites\site1 is default
        open the file in your html editor and locate this line of code:
        <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
        <---add below this line of code the following code -->
        <script language="JavaScript">
        var merchant_id = '318923'
        var order_id = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
        var order_amt = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
        var category_id = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
        var category_name = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
        var product_id = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
        var product_name = 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE'
        </script>
        <script language="JavaScript" src="https://stat.DealTime.com/ROI/ROI.js?mid=318923"></script>
        save the modified file
        Opne Actinic
        Select Design | options | layouts | locate the checkout out page primary and change to use the file: Act_CheckoutPrimary.html
        apply and upload
        test.

By making this change you will have used the default primary checkout so there may be other modifications needed to your template to make it consistant with your design. IF you want to use the exact same design as the primary template (this includes navigation items which are remeoved from the default Act_CheckoutPrimary.html, then simply copy the html from the Act_primary and paste into Act_CheckoutPrimary.html and then run through the instuctions above. Please note I have not tested this scripts so I can not tell you with 100% certainty that it will work. Take the proper precautions when changing templates by saving a back up copy.

Your commernt::: I have no clue what to put in the 'PUT_YOUR_DATA_HERE' parts!!
        <From the instructions:
        Only the variable "merchant_id" is absolutely required, and this variable has already been populated into your code for you (this is the Simple Integration outlined above).

The other JavaScript variables are optional and must be provided dynamically.>
        Answer:::::The put your data here bits are not required for deployment.

Dynamically providing shopping cart data to this script is a whole differnt animal which would require some programming work. So to be honest your roi tracking through this script is limited based on the simple method.

best of luck with it.

Brian
        Brian Johnson
        :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
        1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Thank you, Brian!
          I understand now (mostly..LOL)

Just the below....

Originally posted by BPJSURF
          Open Actinic
          Select Design | options | layouts | locate the checkout out page primary and change to use the file: Act_CheckoutPrimary.html
          apply and upload
          test.
          Brian

Would this be the "checkout pages layout" that I need to change?

I really appreciate your help, just goes to show how little I really know about Actinic when it gets in depth!

Thanks
          Tracey
          Tracey

Comment

Oh! you wantd to know how to do this in Actinic :-) he he just kidding.
            No worries and yes I should have been more specific: "checkout pages layout" needs to be modified to the Act_checkoutprimary.html.

Brian
            Brian Johnson
            1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Working...
            X