permission problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

permission problems

I cant work out whats wrong, firstly my mail wont send (screen freeze) , finally sort it out by changing server host nuber back to mail.bcmy.co.uk ran another test.. everything ok and received test e-mail. went to send customer e-mail and it froze again, so run another test and this comes up......as far as i know ...all FTP, address, paths etc are correct but cant find the problem... please help..any clues most welcome???

advanced network set up test
    Actinic Ecommerce received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

View Response
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apache/1.3.23 Server at www.bcmy.co.uk Port 80

Clicked OK
    The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts.

Run Web | Configure Web Site Details
    an error occurred while attempting to change permissions on the ActinicBasicCgiTest.pl The FTP server returned a reply code of 553. The current permissions of the file are 0644 and the required permissions are 0755.
    The connection wizard will not continue.
    Please configure your network settings through the advanced network settings dialog.
    Contact actinic support for any assistance you may require.

I have since contacted my technical guy and his response was :::""The file ActinicBasicCgiTest.pl is on your PC. As you are running Windows 98 this file does not have permissions. I have checked the 'acatalog' directory on your site where Actinic installs its catalogue files and it has the correct permissions. There are no files I can find on your site that have the permissions indicated. Sorry can't help.""

what do the permissions need to be / how do i change them.... is it my server or the details in actinic???????

Can you post a URL and Network Settings
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Visited the site and ordered a product, all seemed fine but having real problem goint to the BucksNet payment page. Did get there after 4 mins

I noticed that you cgi script number is 0 and this is usually 1 or some other number. May not be causing a problem but changing it wont do any harm.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Sorry i'm a bit slow at technical issus,,, ok i can change the cgi script no to 1 .... where (within actinic) do i do this?

Thanks for noifying me of the fact my payment page takes to long to show. Why is this? Could it be because of the extra transfer files i had to add from Bucks.net ? because bucks.net is not in the payment service providor drop down list when setting up?

Would you like to see these files? ....if so send me a personal e-mail and ill return them to your mail.

Back to the problem in hand ... once the cgi script no is changed from 0 to 1 .... what next? how do i get this permission thing sorted?

my network settings are:
        catalog url: http://www.bcmy.co.uk/acatalog/
        cgi bin url: http://www.bcmy.co.uk/cgi-bin/
        codebase: ./
        path from cgi bin to acti: ../acatalog/
        path to perl shell: /usr/bin/perl
        Web site Url: http://www.bcmy.co.uk/
        Mail SMTP server: mail.bcmy.co.uk
        path to cgi bin: bcmy.co.uk/cgi-bin
        Use passive FTP transferrs: Unchecked
        Ignore passive transfer errors: CHecked
        use relative CGI-BIN URLs in catalog pages: UNCHecked
        server host: 212.74.13.177

My FTP and HTTP proxy are set to none.

is this the info you wanted?

Also if this is relavant - every time i receive an order the payment details don't come through.. i have to make a new entry etc..

The message i get is ::
        This order has been charged to your customer's credit or debit card, but an error occurred when notifying your Actinic Catalog web site.Please look for order number ************** in the list of orders
        shown when Pending Online Credit Card is selected on the order window in Actinic Catalog, and manually make a credit card payment record (View Order, View Payments, New Entry). The order will now appear
        in the Pending list.

The error while notifying your web site was:
        <br>$pSecretFunc is undefined but merchant is asking for secret key

Why is this and does it have anything to do with my current permission problems?

sorry about this ...... needing a bit to much help im affraid

Comment

The cgi script number is set in Advanced>Network Setup

The only problem I can see (if it is a problem) is that
          path to cgi bin: bcmy.co.uk/cgi-bin could be wrong if your web server has similar to this

Private--
          Docs--acatalog
          cgi-bin
          FTP--

Then your path to the cgi bin will be

Docs/cgi-bin

Hope that helps. Try using the java applet for credit cards to see if you have any problems with that. If not try another PSP
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

There seems to be a problems with the interface that Bucks.net have written. This is a separate issue and you should look to fx your basic store issues before trying to sort out the Bucks.net issues.

It looks like Perl scripts cannot execute. You need to talk to your technical guy and ask them to do the following:

'CHMOD' the 'cgi-bin' folder and change the permissions to '755'.
            'CHMOD' the 'acatalog' folder and change the permissions to '777'

Comment

I asked my Technical guy to do as you asked... then ran an advanced network test.. everything ok and received the test e-mail..

Then i updated the site.. and the same problem returned..

My technical bloke was tracking it all from the server log etc. as i did this and he says that actinic creates new files when uploading, downloading etc. and the new files are being generated with the permissions of 0644 instead of 0755 so this is why i can get it to work once and then it fails nex time round....

Why does actinic do this? and how do i stop it, as my guy tells me there is nothing he can do as it is the actinic programme that is not using the default permissions it nees... He has set the deafult permissions on the server??? as 0755 so theoretically it should work (appart from the new files being made by actinic with the wrong 0644 ??!!

How do i sort this? is it a question of changing the server default permissions to 0644 or can i change the deafult permissions within actinic so new files will e made with 0755 permissions?

Any clue?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Very odd. Did you set the actual 'acatalog' folder as 755 or just the files within the folder?

Actinic will create files and try and set the permissions to a level it can run with, so when it actually uploads the files it should not upload them in a way that they won't work.

We may have gone as far as we can on this forum. I suggest dropping an email to the email support team at:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

Working...
                X