Shopping cart operations won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping cart operations won't work

Ok folks, I've been using actinic for about 3 days and i've got all sorts of funky things to work, but my shopping cart operations don't work. I can add stuff to the the cart from the product pages, but if i then view the cart I cannot remove things, update quantities, etc. the buttons across the bottom of the cart page just throw general script errors.

help!

website is here:

http://www.wrapsuk.com/acatalog

please excuse the complete load of rubbish the ecommerce site is at the moment, but as i said, it's only 3 days old!

I can't see what's wrong (and I haven't got 6.0.2 to make an exact comparison with) but there seem to be some extra <FORM>...</FORM> tags in your displayed cart.

They also appear on your product pages.

Are you using the 25 product version that was given away a year or so ago?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

as far as I know i'm not using the 25 product version - at least I hope I'm not.

The history of this goes like this, wraps as a company bought the services of a web designer and asked him to design a cart and e commerce solution, they then told him they needed it sooner, so he shelved the half finished ecommerce solution and finished the website.

The company that I work for bought wraps just before christmas and brought the web design in house. I have been asked by my boss to finish the ecommerce site. I have aquired the actinic software that was aparently purchased as part of the original website design contract (thats why I sincerely hope it's not the 25 product version!!). Unfortunately I wasn't able to aquire the original site snapshot as the previous designer wanted a lot of money to retrieve it from his archives, so I have started again, but what i've tried to do is use some of the exsisting html pages as various types of templates.

This has caused a number of problems over the past few days - all general script errors caused by not having the right variables in the template, those i've overcome, but i can't see where the problem is with this.

If you would like to tell me which lines and form statements you see which you think are surplus to requirements i'll remove them and see what happens!

I've got backups, I can screw with it as much as I like and I can always roll it back!!

Comment

well, thanks for the overwhelming support on this one... but i've figured it out.

for the sake of completeness:
        1) I had an incorrect reference to one of the JS files,
        2) an incorrect reference to a PL file
        3) a typo in a variable on the template.

rebuilding the template *carefully* cured all ills.

Comment

I'm glad you fixed it. It's also best not to be too snappy as this:

a) is a volunteer forum and no-one HAS to reply - you might just get yourself ignored in future.

b) There was nothing wrong with Actinic - just some errors in templates only you could see.

c) It was a bank holiday weekend.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

sorry, the slightly tongue-in-cheek tone that was meant in didn't translate well into text!

Comment

Working...
            X