VAT by Invoice and Delivery Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT by Invoice and Delivery Address

According to our Accounts department we need to charge VAT if a customers order has either an Invoice or Delivery address going to the UK.
    However, I can't see any way of setting this up within actinic.

Could you let me know if it is possible to do this?
    <a href="http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk">RF Solutions Ltd - Remote Control, Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, GSM and GPS Products</a>

Mike,

Go to View | Business Settings | Tax and tick the Advanced box. Then follow the instructions in Help | Help Topics | Business Settings | Setting up Tax

[Added] If you are in the UK then VAT will be chargeable on all sales in UK and also all non-business sales in the whole EU. Business Customers in EU should have the ability to provide a properly formatted VAT number for their country of residence. There is a huge amount of info on this in www.hmce.gov.uk . If you are not physically in the UK, please email me for additional info.[/Added]
    Last edited by wjcampbe; 27-May-2005, 12:28 PM. Reason: Add
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yes we are using advanced tax however this only lets you charge based on either the invoice or delivery address.

We need to be able to take both into account so,

if (invoice or delivery) = UK
      Charge VAT
      else if (invoice or delivery) = Europe
      Charge VAT if no VAT number
      else
      No VAT charge
      <a href="http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk">RF Solutions Ltd - Remote Control, Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, GSM and GPS Products</a>

Comment

Sorry, that was not clear from the original post.

The third option of Always apply taxes means your customers in non-VAT regions MUST claim the exemption, and we know how much hastle it will be when they don't. Hmm, I wonder if the data is stored in Actinic.mdb or a script? You could tick the option you're not using, and examine the Actinic database (mdb) or script (using file date and time to identify which one gets changed), then tick the other and re-examine the mdb or script - then butcher the database/script by hard coding both options.
        Bill

Comment

Mike

You only need to charge VAT if the goods are delivered into the UK or EU.

You can invoice a UK / EU address for a delivery outside the UK in which case there is no VAT.

Comment

Best way to get resolution on this would be to have your accountants/auditor ask for written clarification from HMCE. This is what my accountant did to establish how we should operate with regards to VAT.
            Bill

Comment

OK, thanks for both your comments. Looks like we were operating correctly in the first place by taxing on the delivery address.
              I'll ask our accounts department to look into it.

Comment

Working...
              X