Global Values for Text Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Values for Text Fields

I am probably being stupid but I can't find where I can set the default text for the text versions of "More Info" for a produc and the "None" option for a atribute drop down list.

Hi there

The default text for "More Info" can be found in "Design | Options | Shop Default". Here you will fine "Extended Info" and you can change the text here.

The actual "None" option in the attribute drop down list comes from the "Component Details | General". Where you put a tick in "Is Optional" and tick "Include..". Actinic will pre-set "None" which you can change.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
      Hi there

The default text for "More Info" can be found in "Design | Options | Shop Default". Here you will fine "Extended Info" and you can change the text here.

The actual "None" option in the attribute drop down list comes from the "Component Details | General". Where you put a tick in "Is Optional" and tick "Include..". Actinic will pre-set "None" which you can change.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem

Does not the "More Info" text refer to the button rather than the alternative text? What I want is the alternative text to say something other than the default <More....> but I don't want to have to change this every time.

Again What I want it to do is say "Select" instead of "None" but I would like to set this on a global basis rather than change it for every item.

Comment

Hi Alistair,

Just being doing some tests on a default site, hmm my hunch is that these values are hardcoded in the catalog executable file, as there is no reference to them in "Design | Text". I will get confirmation from the development team if this is the case.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem

That was my cocnlusion - I was just hoping I was wrong!

If so perhaps you could get it added to the "wish list" as it seems a bit restrictive when these values could be set in the Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | General Information.

In the meantime it is going a real pain to have to do all of these manually!

Comment

Hi,

This has been added to the wishlist for you
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X