HTTPS problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTTPS problem

Two weeks ago our server crashed and the ISP have had great difficulties getting it back. The backup tapes **all** had corrupt file index systems. Anyway, we are slowly getting things back, but run into a problem with Actinic.

The entire site is in https. Yesterday I uploaded new and changed pages, but when viewing them in the browser it was the old pages I was looking at. But if I look at those pages in http - not https - the new pages are seen.

So I renamed the directory and started from scratch again. Same problem.

I presume this is a permissions problem, but I don't know if I can access things from my end, and there is no one in the ISP systems until next week. (Considering this is a large UK/European ISP that is dreadfull).

If I SFTP to the server the /acatalog/ directory is chmod to 2777 and the /cgi-bin/ to 2755.

If I run the test from Network Setup I get a CGIWrap error referring to sts000001.pl - execution of the script not permitted.

Any ideas please?
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Hi Bob,

What server are you running, Unix or Windows? If it is a windows server, then I have seen some server, which if you CHMOD the directory, tell you it is done, but its not.
    Looking at the last bit, sts000001.pl, it seems from the error message, you cannot execute perlscripts. Have you tried running an helloworld.pl script on the /cgi-bin/ folder?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

This is a Cobalt RaQ550 server running Linux 2.4 Multitasking Operating System, and all was well until the crash. Well not so much the crash as the botched recovery by our ISP after they found all our backups had corrupt file indexes. It may be https and cgi are still not correctly configured, but this has been reported to them. Other Perl scripts are working OK.

The Cobalt range is really in its closing days now, since Sun dropped them and still do not honour their promise to support them until next year. You cannot upgarde system PHP (4.0.6) and Perl (5.6.0) but a method has been perfected of installing new versions alongside them for web sites only. I have tried both the system Perl and the upgrade Perl 5.8.5 and get the same problems.

We still have a lot of issues with this box and I have been promised a reply by the end of the day to my letter of options and our future with them. So we will see what that brings.

Thanks.
      Bob Isaac
      Director/Web Admin
      Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Bob,

you can get packages from the likes of zeffie.com and nuonce.net (to name just two) - you'll be able to stay current if you want to keep dipping your hand in your pocket - alternatively, do like the rest of the RAQ crowd - move onwards and upwards.

The last of our RAQs will be end of lifed within a few short weeks I hope... although I'll be probably giving one to each developer as their own dedicated test box on their desk.. and ebaying the rest....

regards

Greg
        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

I have already decided on that course of action and found some options.

Bob
          Bob Isaac
          Director/Web Admin
          Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Working...
          X