Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with pre-authorised payments

Hi
    I have recently moved to pre-authorised payments with Worldpay. I have ticked the box in my Actinic ecommerce v.6.1.5 that selected pre-authorisation.

When I get an order now, it comes in as pre-authorised. I have to log in to Worldpay to complete the transaction.

I also have to record in Actinic that the payment has been completed. What I have been doing is to go to the payment section of the order and create a 'new entry'. This automatically comes up as credit card payment received.

However, on the customer invoice then shows 2 lines that might make a customer think that they have paid twice.

OK...so here are my questions (eventually you might say)...
    1. Am I following the correct procedure?
    2. Is there some way that I can leave only one apparent payment on the invoice?

Thanks
    David

Are you not able to add a "CC auth. code" or "PSP provider ref" alongside the original pre-auth transaction?
    I confess I've never used pre-auth but I would have thought you should be able to add authorisation to the original transaction that you have completed as that is essentially all you have done.
    Could be completely wrong of course :-)
    Tracey

Comment

I don't seem able to apply any information to the existing pre-auth transaction. In fact the boxes are all unavailable to enter any information. However, I guess this is not the biggest problem - I think I am doing the procedure right (hope) so I suppose I should just get on with it.
      Thanks though.

Comment

pre authorized payments

You are doing the payments the right way.
        You can change the first payment entry to pre authorized or just delete it. I tell may customers that i pre authorize their payment with the first line and then nwhen i take the payment out i make a new entry to show the date full payment was taken.

Comment

Working...
        X