another weird problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another weird problem

can anyone have a look at my code and tell me why an HTML page is appearing as completely blank in my browser, yet if I view source the page appears fully formed?

This one has been bugging me for 2 days now!

http://www.wrapsuk.com/acatalog/Poly...ntre_Fold.html

Have you tried putting through an HTML validator such as http://validator.w3.org/

Actinic pages will usually fail on something, but there's a lot more stuff on your page that could do with tidying up.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I've tried the validator, but apart from a couple of glaring obvious tags i hadn't closed (slap wrists!) I can't see the wood for the trees as there are so many errors caused by the weird actinic code (why can't html generators do tidy !!) I'm going to keep plugging on through, but I have a feeling it's a lost cause.

I assume you've seen the blank page?

I can't believe it's a complicated problem as they were working OK on friday morning. i changed something to add a display of the cart value to each page on friday afternoon and then the index page would generate fine, but the product pages were dead - except one which wouldn't regenerate - and still won't. I've tried removing the code i put in but it hasn't helped.

I think for now I'm going to try making some new products and see what happens.

Comment

It looks to me as if line 6 "<!--" comments out the rest of the page. You forgot to close it after your javascript.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yep. Looking at it with Firefox and using FF's Tools / JavaScript Console confirms that.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The code
            Code:
            function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
            var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
            if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
            }
            </script>
            should end
            Code:
            //-->
            </script>
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

slap me i'm an idiot!!!

Thanks folks!

Comment