site snapshot missing templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

site snapshot missing templates

I took a snapshot of my site, loaded it on my laptop and all looked OK and ordering worked, so I relaxed. However, now I need to upload the site from the snapshot, to update out-of-stock levels. Several templates are missing and I cannot upload the site. (It appears that the whole site is being uploaded because the database was created "new" and the system thinks all pages have been renewed)

I currently have no access to the original site (I thought all I needed was the snapshot and any personal html files), so is there any solution other than downloading the published html pages, modifying the site to use the html rather than templates, then uploading? Is there a way I can fool the database so it doesn't need to upload the unchanged pages? All this is only to modify TWO stock items!!!

Please help... I am currently sitting in France, in someone else's house using their broadband as I only have a landline where I am staying!
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Hi Anthea,

This is normal behaviour. When you import a snapshot onto a new machine, then all the files are datestamped with the date and time you did the import. When Actinic compares that to the file dates on the website - it sees that all have changed.

On your missing templates - do you have the same theme selected in Design | Themes?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,
      Yes, same theme, etc. The missing templates are those with my own modifications to the Act originals, but with Act_names. According to the rules, the snapshot is supposed to bring all the required templates across - or have I got it wrong? Doesn't matter anyway, it's the problem that needs solving...!!! I wondered whether I could get away with it by changing the datestamp BACK to match the website?

Desperate Anf
      Last edited by anf1y; 31-May-2005, 05:15 PM. Reason: extra info
      Anf
      New Year - new YOU!

Comment

PS like your site better now... Getting good!
        Anf
        Anf
        New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Theoretically changing the date back would work. Was the website uploaded from the home machine after the snapshot was taken? (Not sure that matters) You would need to set your laptop date back to before you left UK and do the import then check the dates. If the dates are same as the then current laptop date, reset the correct date and time on the laptop, then go into Actinic and overtype something on the product pages you want to upload (to fool Actinic into saving them again) and give the upload a try.

Good luck and thanks for the site comment.
          Last edited by wjcampbe; 31-May-2005, 05:27 PM. Reason: grammar
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Will give it a go Bill. I'm desperate enough to try anything right now! Hadn't thought of changing the laptop date - good idea. Will let you know how it goes...

Anf
            Anf
            New Year - new YOU!

Comment

You can peek inside the snapshot to see what's there.

Snapshots are just ZIP files, so rename it to .zip and you can then inspect the contents with something like WinZip.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Norman,
                Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                You can peek inside the snapshot to see what's there.

Snapshots are just ZIP files, so rename it to .zip and you can then inspect the contents with something like WinZip.
                but the file won't open - I get Corrupted (zipped) Folder error. Also tried resetting the date - no go. Tried recreating an "old date" database and importing the data - still no go. There is obviously a marker/date within the database, but I can't find it...

Any more ideas, please?

Anf
                Anf
                New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Sorry. If the zip is corrupted then you're stuck. I don't see how you could have used it as you mentioned in your first post.

What program did you use to open the zip? You could always try a different onep (WinZip for example)

Comment

Hi Norman,

The zip problem is now solved - downloaded a new winzip and it's OK. AS you pointed out, Actinic could load it OK, so I just tried again (I'm trying to avoid too much connection time over a very slooowwww land line!) It appears I have the html for the problem pages, but not the originating templates. The database date is a week AFTER all the html file dates, so surely they should not need to be uploaded? Something somewhere has an earlier date in it, but where do I look next?

I really appreciate your support here, as it can be a bit daunting when the site appears to be screwed up!
                    Anf
                    Anf
                    New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Don't forget that the original Actinic templates will be somewhere in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Formats\Themes.

If the missing Templates aren't customised you should be able to recover them from there.

Comment

Unfortunately the missing ones are customised...
                        Anf
                        New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Working...
                        X