Editing Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Reports

I know the subject of reports has been covered in a few threads, but I have a simple request with regard to editing the contents of Data Entry Reports:

We use all 3 User Definable fields to harvest info. In the Data Entry Report, I'd like to edit the text "User definable 1", " ...2" and "...3", so that the text is a little more relevant to the answers given.

Does this involve buying a (seemingly damn expensive) bit of software (Crystal Reports 8.5)? Surely this can't be the case...?

Design > Text > Order Processing Reports > Data Entry
    Should be what you need
    Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

Ahaa, cheers Tracey

Ryan

Comment

Hmm, that doesn't seem to work unfortunately.

When printing a data entry report after receiving an order, the fields still read "User definable 1", etc.

To clarify, when we recieve an order, we print a data entry report, update the payments and an invoice. It's this data entry report that i refer to.

What do the values in Design > Text > Order Processing Reports > Data Entry actually pertain to?

Comment

Hi Ryan

Just tested on a default site and i can change the User Definable Fields in the "Data Entry" report.

Go to "Design | Text", and click on the "Go To" button

Phase -1, ID: 740..............User definable 1
          Phase -1, ID: 741..............User definable 2
          Phase -1, ID: 742..............User definable 3

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Just to confirm for anyone reading, i've edited and tested this and it does indeed work.

Thanks Nadeem

(For anyone else editing these, make sure these match up with your labels which are set in:
            'Design' | 'Text' | 'Web Site (cont)' tab | 'General Information' tab)

Comment

I've changed the User Definable fields under the Data Entry Tab in Design l Text as stated by Nadeem and fully refreshed the website.

On new orders that I print off, it's still showing "User Definable 1"

Any Ideas?

Comment

Problem solved - I was being a numpty!

Although I changed the text in developer on my PC - I was still downloading orders on a remote PC via Order Manager.

I've re-deployed the site and all is fine.

Sorry guys!

Comment

Working...
                X