Cookies Problem with Shared SSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookies Problem with Shared SSL

I'm having a problem with a site I'm developing where items are still appearing in the cart summary on the home and product pages even after the visitor has successfully checked out.

I think I've narrowed this down to the fact that we're using Claranet Shared SSL for the checkout process. These pages differ to our others in that their URL's are in the format https://clarahost.clara.net/www.ourdomainname.co.uk/etc.

As such, if I view my cookies in Firefox after visiting the site, I can see that separate actinic cookies are being created for both our domain and also under "clarahost.clara.net".

I presume then that at checkout the clarahost.clara.net cookies are being cleared, but the ones against our domain name are not and so the items are remaining in the cart summary.

I found reference to the problem in a previous thread here --> http://community.actinic.com/showthr...red+ssl+cookie <-- but the response was that this would be fixed in Version 7. Hope someone might be able to advise me if there's anything I'm doing wrong or, if it's still a problem, whether there's a workaround... thanks.

Hi Paul,

I'm checking with the development team for confirmation on this, and will post the answer onto this thread.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem. I appreciate the update and would be grateful for any assistance.

Comment

Hi,

Having looked through the long discussions that our development team have had on this subject, this issue is still a problem. It seems that there is no easy solution to this due to the number of items that are affected by the different cookies. I'm sorry but this issue is still being looked into.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X