Pick Up vs. Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick Up vs. Shipping

Recently we've begun doing vendor work at shows and have to enter orders online (to go through PayPal) where the customer has picked up the goods. We have flat rate shipping at the moment. Is there a way to give choice of shipping or pick up, thus waiving the shipping charges? I've searched forum but haven't found it so...once again...I turn to you.

Thanks.
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

Originally posted by jeff p
    Recently we've begun doing vendor work at shows and have to enter orders online (to go through PayPal) where the customer has picked up the goods. We have flat rate shipping at the moment. Is there a way to give choice of shipping or pick up, thus waiving the shipping charges? I've searched forum but haven't found it so...once again...I turn to you.

Thanks.
    in business settings where you created your shipping prices create another option called "Pick up from local depot"

put a weight of something like 100000000kg price of £0.00

when a customer checks out they can choose the pick up from depot option and not pay any shipping

Comment

Okay, I created another class "Pick Up At Event" but I don't see how to not have the flat rate shipping charge assessed. Even if I shift to weight based charge, any of the items might be the one picked up at the event. Help!!!
      Jeff Pollack
      www.alldawgs.com
      www.profleeceusa.com
      www.4dogclubsonly.com
      www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Hi Jeff,

any of the items might be the one picked up at the event
        No, the only product which will use this class is the products which will have a weight of 100000000kg (taking Froogle example).
        If you use weight, then you can assign different weights in different products, the product with a high weight number, can use the "Pick up from Local Depot".

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X