• Show
Clear All

Attributes and components

Hi,

What I am trying to catalog are a pair of trousers. The attributes are -

inside leg length
    waist size

This works fine.

I'm now trying a tiny bit of upselling - seeing if they also want to buy a matching belt, so I'm trying to add an optional component, which I also sell as a product on its own. But I can't - it says I can't mix attributes and components.

I also tried having a new product, with two components - trousers, optional belt - but I still can't activate the attributes for the trousers.

So am I just not able to do what I am trying here? If not, can I ask for it to be added to the wish list, as I think what I am trying to do is a reasonable and useful requirement.

Grateful for all help.

Alan

Hi Alan

You would simply right click on the Trouser product, and select "New Component". Give the name as "Belt". Now if you click on "Belt" component, and in the "General" tab of the component, you can associate it to a belt program (or a hidden product) and you can make it optional. You would not need to create an attribute.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

The trouser product already has attributes (size and length). When I right click and say 'New component' I get a message box that says I have to cut the attributes to the clipboard or drag / drop to another product. It goes on to say create the component and paste the attributes to the new component.

That's where I start hitting problems, because size and length are attributes of the trouser, not attributes of the belt component.

I suspect that I could do it by changing everything to components, but that seems like hard work from where I am now.

Alan

Comment

Hi Alan,

You are quite correct, in order for this to work, you will need to have 3 components. See the attached picture on this thread. This is the way you would need to set it up to achieve what you want.

Kind Regards
        Attached Files
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

That confirms my thinking - many thanks. I'll settle down one rainy afternoon and change it all round.

Is there any particular reason why you cannot mix attributes and componenets?

Alan

Comment

Is there any particular reason why you cannot mix attributes and componenets?
            It's just a technical limitation I'm afraid. This was the only way we were able to get attributes and components to work.

Comment

Working...
            X