URGENT: View Cart is throwing a 404 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT: View Cart is throwing a 404 error

I have been tasked with moving a site in it's current form to a new server. I do not have a snapshot of the site in its current state so need to copy all files from one server to the other which I have done without a problem. However, when clicking the link to the shopping cart I get a 404 error even though the script exists at the given location. If anyone can help me as to why this might be happening I would be eternally grateful as you would be helping me out of a hole.

http://dartington.webnetism.com/index.html

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

I presume you are talking about webserver.

You should really upload from the Pc where the software is.

Comment

As i mentioned in my first post I cannot do this with the current version of the site as the person I inherited the site from did not take a snapshot of the catalog the last time they uploaded. He has since been working on it but left it in an unfit state to publish. My only solution is to copy the current live website files to the new server in order to continue with the site in its present state. If i was to upload through Actinic I would end up with the all the incomplete changes that have been made since the last upload.

Comment

THe problem is that your new server probably uses a different folder structure - so what is happening is that the path from the cgi-bin to the acatalog folder is different on the new server compared to the old one. What is happening is that the perl scripts are not able to locate the files within the 'acatalog' folder that they need to show the shopping cart.

I'm afraid the only thing to do is to re-upload the store again from an installed copy of Actinic - that you have tested your new server's network settings with.

Comment

Thanks for the advice - leaves me in a bit of a difficult situation but if there is no way around it then I will have to go back to the client and attempt to explain.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X