Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic SSL - expiry date issues

for tech support:

I am getting a growing number of people who put the wrong expiry date for their CC using the actinic SSL server payment page.

Most insist they put the correct date in, and I believe them as I rarely get errors for issue number or security code.

I note the start and expiry fields are drop down lists, and as we all know you can inadvertently change the value in a drop down box using the scroll wheel on a modern mouse.

Perhaps this is the reason people are entering the wrong dates???

Is it possible to make these boxes immune to wheels on wheel mice???? Is there some other way round it such as letting people type in the dates rather than select from a list????

comments please

andy
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Hi Andy,

Is it possible to make these boxes immune to wheels on wheel mice???? Is there some other way round it such as letting people type in the dates rather than select from a list????
    I have done some checking on the internet and there does not seem to be any javascript which could disable the wheel mouse. I can only find it by downloading additional software, so it looks like this cannot be done.
    I'm afraid with regards to the dropdown list, If we were to make a change in Actinic SSL page, everyone would be affected and may not like the change.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

It should be possible to add code to the template alongside the date dropdowns to show a no action button reading "Click here to confirm date is correct". Just clicking outside the dropdowns will stop the date selection from changing with wheel mouse movement. something as simple as <input type=button value="Click here to confirm date is correct"> with or without the !!< >!! html markers - whichever works.

hth
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
      X