section lists on brochure page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section lists on brochure page

Im a relative newbie and seem to be having some trouble displaying the section lists on the brochure home page. I also want the search facility, cart contents and navigation of the Act_primary to be included in Act_brochureprimary but at the moment the brochure page is not recognising the NETQUOTEVARs.

I have seen other posts regarding this and making sure that
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    are all in the head of Act_brochureprimary but the page still does not display these NETQUOTEVARs (just text).

Marc,
    you need to view the source code of the catalogue pages (not the primary template itself) and copy the code from there to paste it into the brochure primary template.
    You will see that it doesn't contain any NETQUOTVAR, but the actual code generated.

HTH!

Anna
    Anna
    ===================
    VISUAL FORMAT
    Web design & development
    www.visual-format.net
    ===================

Comment

Thanks for that. I have already used this method but found that it is going to be a bit of a pain as each time I add new sections etc I will have to create the brochure page again. I aiming to have my brochure page looking quite different from the Act_primary one so copying all the generated code from Act_primary is going to lose me the desired layout of the brochure page. Also, when opened in dreamweaver, the generated code does not display the layout correctly so making it virtually impossible to edit back to the desired layout of the brochure.

Comment

Unfortunately I think this is the only way as the NETQUOTVARs aren't processed in the brochure pages.
        Anna
        ===================
        VISUAL FORMAT
        Web design & development
        www.visual-format.net
        ===================

Comment

What I do is

1) Set up the JavaScript section lists my your store pages so that they are working correctly. This can be a mission in itself but if you carefully follow the instructions in the latest Advanced User Guide (get the Word doc as it is easier to copy and paste from) you should be OK.

2) Upload my website.

3) Open up one of the fully-generated store pages in your 'SiteHTML' folder and copy and paste the

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

lines together with the main JavaScript expression from the <HEAD> section of this file into my Act_BrochurePrimary.html template. You will also need to code from the main body of the page.

This should sort you out.

Comment

Thanks Chris. Got it working now.

One last question - How can I apply css styling to the section list (Act_Brochureprimary). When I put in the <span class=> it makes no difference.

Comment

You need to edit the actual Java Script expression and add your own HTML into the HTML that is already there. Take a look - it is pretty obvious.

Comment

Got it!!

thanks Chris

Marc

Comment

Working...
                X