Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding UK Offshore/Highlands to shipping list

Hi,
    I want to add a new zone to the shipping list and have it in the list under UK. I went into the database and copied the UK field and pasted it in a new record, I changed the nCountryID to 327, nCountryOrder to 1 (changed US to 2), and sCountryCode to UKO. I saved the db and went to actinic shipping to add the new zone but it wasn't in the list. How do I add an option for UK Highlands/Offshore/Northern Ireland?

Thanks
    Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...light=Scotland
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...light=Scotland

will contain the info you need.

PS it rankles to answer a question like this. The artificial inflation of costs to ship to hte hostile north and other inaccessible places - WHICH MAINLY HAVE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS WITHIN A FEW MILES - really tees me off. I am forced to subsidise the discounts these companies provide for their services in the populated south to give them a competetive edge.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the links - I get a bit demented when searching and look for the wrong terms.

I am not exactly sure what you are saying in the remainder of the post. I think you are saying that there shouldn't be a surcharge for these areas. If I had to pay a small surcharge I would pay it but from the prices I have the surcharge is a minimum of £5 and for small cheap goods it would add up on small orders.
      Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

I do understand that you are only passing on a charge that you are incurring, and I do not blame you for doing that.

My rant was directed at the couriers/carriers who charge us for their inefficiencies.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X