Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product List and Search not in checkout

Hi

I am integrating a Actinic Catalog V6 into and existing site, and have setup all the templates for Act_Primary etc with Dreamweaver MX.

ON the left I have a the product listings, + catalog nav, sitemap, search etc and on the left a search box and cart details.

This all works fine until I go to the checkout stage or view my cart, the template for the page is ok and in the design, but the product listings, search box and site nav options disapear.

Is there any way of keeping these options live when going through all the checkout pages? or a fix for this.

V6 is unpatched.

Am using:

NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP
    NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE
    & NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH in the pages.

Any ideas.

Many thanks Julian

Julian,
    one thing that comes to mind: Design | Options | Layouts | Checkout pages layout: see if you've selected the "no menu bar" template and if so, you want to change that.

HTH

Anna
    Anna
    ===================
    VISUAL FORMAT
    Web design & development
    www.visual-format.net
    ===================

Comment

Anna's right - ensure you are using the same template in the store and you will keep the shopping cart summary in the Checkout. NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP, NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE and NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH, however, are not substituted in the Checkout. This is to keep the page loading quicker and to avoid the possibility of search results coming up without images etc. when you search from the checkout.

If you want to keep them in there, then you will have to create an overall layout template just for the checkout and hard-code the things you want in there rather than using variables.

Comment

Thanks Anna and Chris

Hi Anna and Chris

Thanks for the help.

The template was set OK.

So have just made a seperate template in MX and have set the "checkout layout" to the new html file.

Works great, and have decided not to put the search and product list in the checkout, will take to log to do, as the site will be live next week.

Thanks again for you quick responses.

Julian

Comment

Working...
        X