Required shipping methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Required shipping methods

We are different from most online companies in that we limit the customer's choice of shipping methods, however we do so in order to save them money. For example, it is cheaper to send a large order UPS Ground than USPS Priority, etc.

Now...how can I successfully get Actinic to put the proper shipping method into place based on the quantity amount of product ordered.

For example:

If a customer buys 6 pieces of apparel it should go USPS Priority Mail. If they buy 7 or more it should go UPS Ground. How do I get the cart to say this and bypass giving the customer a choice?

I'm not sure this is possible. If I can't do this by quantity then maybe I could do it by subtotal increments?

Thanks!

Christy

Hi,

I'm afraid that there is no way to do exactly what you want. The closest we can get is to have both options for up to 6 items and then only UPS Ground for 7 and above. You would have to set up your classes as follows:

USPS Priority Mail
    Quantity.............Cost
    6.......................$xxx

Excess set to 'Do not allow Excess'

UPS Ground
    Quantity..............Cost
    7.........................$xxx

Excess set to either 'take the highest value in the table' or 'increment highest value in table by:' depending on how you want it.

(Of course, you can put other rows into the grids for different prices for different quantities)
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey,

Thank you, I will give it a shot & let you know if it works.

Christy

Comment

Working...
      X