Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Over - Advanced User Guide 7.1

Folks,

I've read ALL there is to read on the Community threads viz-a-viz Mouse Overs ... but to no avail! (PS There are some talented people out there! - Norman Rouxel, you know who you are!)

Anyway ...

I use Act_ProductLine and Act_ProductLineNew to display products; however, despite cut'n'pasting the code (and amending the image names) for the "Creating a Rollover for your Add to Cart Button" - as taken from page 16 of the "Actinic Advanced Guide 7.1" - and placing it into the "Act_CartButtonImage" as per this:

"<P ALIGN="left">
    <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONIMG" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONNAME" WIDTH="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEWIDTH" HEIGHT="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEHEIGHT" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONLABEL" onMouseOver="src='Add_to_Basket_MOver.gif'" onMouseOut="src='NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONIMG'">
    </P>"

I simply cannot get the rollover function to work correctly. I know it's me, but I'm going crazy!

In FireFox nothing at all happens; in MS IE6, the image changes on rollover but does not change back when the cursor is removed.

This 'fault' is generating visible pop-up errors in MS IE (which customers will not be happy about!) so, when I trap them to obtain more detail, it refers me to a likely missing ";" (semi-colon) ... yet I cannot find this and think it may actually be related to another mod I am trying and a bit of a red-herring:

"Including an 'Email A Friend' Link into Actinic"

as per Actinic Advanced Guide 7.1 page 47. But that's another story altogether.

Does anybody have any ideas? I'm really keen to understand how to cross-reference the aforementioned IE errors - when it states a line number and a specific character - to something 'meaningful' so, how do I go about finding these bits of code (sorry, I know this is naive )?

I've loaded the HTML into DreamWeaver MX2004 (with the HTML compressed function in Actinic on and off) but cannot find anything that remotely looks like requiring a semi-colon at the point as described by IE!!!

Thanks all ...
    Cheers,

<B>Steve Crane</B>

Look at the page in Firefox and use it's Tools / JavaScript Console to get decent diagnostic messages.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

Thank you ... I think!

It seems I've found a whole load more errors than I thought I had ... like not using escape characters before an apostrophe! Seems prior to these edits, my browsers were a little more tolerant of my sloppiness!

This has surprised me though:

"Error: missing ; before statement
      Source Code:
      src='/C:/Program Files/Actinic v7/Sites/Jardin d'Eden Site/General Images/General Images (Small)/Add_to_Basket.gif'"

and this:

"Error: missing ; before statement
      Source Code:
      ic, rhodium-plated, 3/4-plate NOMOS 'Zeta' movement) here '+thisLoc+' and thought you might be interested.'}"

It seems 1) I've chosen a particularly crap folder name (which exists outside of Actinic's Site 1 for 'tidiness' sake); and 2) I must learn how to re-type all those grammatical bits'n'pieces WITHIN the Actinic Fragments!

Weird how it only affected one of the bits of HTML and not the other, given they were all but identical, save for the addition of an image!

Anyway, as manually replacing everything could take an age is there a way of doing a global search and replace to change all the "Jardin d'Eden" file refernces to, say, "JdE"?

Nevertheless, thanks for your assistance - extremely helpful.

Finally, any idea what this implies:

"Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://mozapps/content/update/updates.xml :: onxbldestructor :: line 20" data: no]"?

No? Me neither!

Have a good evening all ...
      Cheers,

<B>Steve Crane</B>

Comment

Working...
      X