Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free delivery for UK only

Hello,
    I have seen many forum threads to do with this and whilst many are helpful, they don't answer our specific business condition.

Using Actinic Catalohg, we have setup UK, EU and Rest of World zones with three disitinct tables of charges based on quantity.

E.g.

1 item P&P for UK = £1.50
    1 item P&P for EU = £2.50
    1 item P&P for Rest of World = £3.50

I need to find a way to have free delivery on all UK orders over £100. All EU and Rest of World orders to have shipping charges regardless of total value.

There doesn't seem to be an explicit way of doing this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Jan
    Jan
    www.littleherbal-international.com

Hi Jan - you can't use the "free over £100.00" setting as this applies to all the zones not just the UK.

Can you use Shipping by Value and then set a line Order Value : £100.00 = Cost : £0.00 ??

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

To round off Jont's thinking - "and also set excess to increment by 0.00?"
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

The easiest postage method for us is by quantity, but I'll now have to consider basing it by value.

Regards,
        Jan
        Jan
        www.littleherbal-international.com

Comment

Jan - not clear from your original posting but do you charge as follows:

1 item : £1.50
          2 items : £3.00
          3 items : £4.50

etc....

if so you could set 67 items = £0.00 and select "take highest value in table" that would give you 67 items x £1.50 = £100.50 which triggers the £0.00 charge.

Just a thought if that is how you set your shipping tables

Bikster

Comment

not meaning to sound dim, but how does this work if someone doesn't order 67 items?
            Seriously. Sorry if it's obvious..LOL..
            Tracey
            Tracey

Comment

I would ignore post #5. I think John was having a senior moment <grin>. His solution would provide free shipping once shipping costs crossed the hundred pound barrier, and not the goods value.
              Bill

Comment

hi all

kind of related to the original post but not really - we also offer free delivery in the uk, but want to charge this to free delivery for the uk on everything other than shoes. im just wondering how you actinic techies would deal with a situation like that...

cheers

0ad

Comment

I would use weight based shipping. Assign a weight to each shoes product, and leave all other items with out weight (if you want to use a default weight, then you will have to assign a weight of 0.00 to the non-shoes products).

The weight of each pair of shoes would depend on the actual shipping rates (you want the right quantity purchase to push the shipping costs into the next band).

Actinic shipping band weights are 'up to but NOT including...'

Then create a shipping table for the UK zone that starts with weight 0.00 cost 0.00, 2nd row weight - just OVER the weight allowed by your carrier's first shipping band, cost - first shipping band cost, 3rd row - just OVER the weight allowed by carriers second shipping band etc.....
                  Bill

Comment

thanks for your swift reply bill, i do international shipping as well, so this method might not work will it?

0ad

Comment

You will need to create different zones for the international areas accordingly

Bikster

Comment

No, if you need a weight on everything then the solution would not work, since the UK weight and International weight double dip does not exist.

Are you using weight based shipping for the international side at the moment?

If yes, the only solution I can see for you, is to build the UK shipping cost into the price of the shoes, and reduce the international weight to compensate.
                        Bill

Comment

What about setting the weight of the shoes to a very low weight eg 0.001kg and setting the bands so any other product tips the weight into a new band and you would need to buy an awful lot of shoes to tip the banding.

That would then allow the setting for free shoes in the UK and charge for them for International orders

Bikster

Comment

thanks bill, that will be my plan b.

jont, tah, i'll keep it in mind.

much obliged

0ad

Comment

free delivery in UK only

Hi
                              I've just joined this thread, so apologies if I'm repeating, but am not sure if previous threads answer my question, or maybe I just don't understand!
                              We have a set up a postage system, based on weight, with 3 different methods - standard, priority and europe, and 6 weight bands. We'd like to offer free delivery to UK only for orders over £75, regardless of weight.

Any ideas of a way to do it?

Nigelb
                              Nigel
                              Actinic user with history
                              www.nigelsecostore.com

Comment

Working...
                              X