templates-designers-new to all this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

templates-designers-new to all this!!

I am so new to all of this and I am feeling weary trying to search for a suitable provider/designer for my on-line shop. After much research I am quite sold on Actinic business to process my sales, however after downloading the Demo I don't like the themes provided.
    So my question is, what would be the simplest way to create or purchase a custom made template for my store. I am not looking for anything too fancy as I love simplicity and clean simple designs. Or can anyone recommend a designer.

I have tried a couple of local companies but didn't like their trolley software and felt like I was being ripped off when they said it would cost me £2500 to create a site for me (or is this realistic)!

Thank you for any feedback in advance
    Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop
    Cookie Cutters
    Cake Decorating Supplies
    Chocolate Making Equipment

I am new to all this too, but I have used a great company to get me started. It wasn't cheap, but not as much as you mention :-)
    their details are:
    teclan.co.uk

Good Luck!
    ArtyMiss
    www.artymiss.co.uk
    Card Making & Craft Materials

Comment

I think if you pay much less you might as well go with a template. Its a lot of work creating a custom, professional template.

Comment

You can take a look at www.buythisdesign.com
        Our Custom template designs are preformatted specifically for Actinic and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

The greatest advantage to the designs are that you can maintain all your own pages (informational, index / home, and product catalog)

If you would like to see a few live examples of Actinic sites using these templates you can e-mail me at david@actinic.us
        David Eldridge
        Sure Solutions Inc.
        Phone: 732-528-7635 ext# 201
        E-mail: david@suresolutionsinc.com

Web sites: www.buythisdesign.com / www.suresolutionsinc.com

Comment

Hi Donna, Yes I agree that the templates are rather limiting. You could consider using Dream Weaver MX2004 with which you could edit the template to create your own design - but I would only advise this if you know Dream Weaver or are prepared to learn. We have just started to provide custom designs for Actinic, a couple of examples are www.TrafalgarTeas.co.uk and www.TrufflesChocolates.co.uk. Both theses sites are now managed by the clients who are adding content. If you need any more info or help to build your own just drop us an email.

Comment

Hi Mrs Incredible,

The figure of £2500 is not un realistic if you feel you are getting value for money. It is a lot of work to build an actinic store to get it not looking like an actinic store. Many of the desingers have spent years learning actinic to really get it looking good and there are some fantastic sites out there. It really depends on your own level of expertise and willing. We can provide templates ready to use for what I think is a very reasonable figure, we have completed sites from sub 2500 to well in excess of that, it always depends on what the client wants / needs.

As well as us there are plenty of other partners at the Actinic website take a look at the following link.
            http://www.actinic.co.uk/services/ec...ite-design.htm

Who ever you decide to use Actinic is a great solution, especially when coupled with a great design.

Visit Our Site for more information on what we do. Here are just some sites we have designed.

www.just-pets.net
            www.steelcube.com
            www.baggamenswear.co.uk
            www.hccc.co.uk

Best

Jez
            --------------------
            www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X