Moving Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Actinic

I wish to move my actinic from home to the office, just a case of reinstall and copy site folders across. I have tried looking in the KB but I am obviously blind

regards

gordonw

I've just done it. On the source PC select File, Snapshot, Export. On the destination PC select File, Snapshot, Import. The rest is pretty elementary...

Comment

The only problem I find with using the Export and Import facility is that it over writes the files in your site folder. This then will make Actinic want to update all the files next time you upload regardless to the fact you might have only altered one file.

I find it easier to move the whole site folder from PC to PC. All I do is rename the destination site on the destination PC from MYSITE to MYSITE2 using Windows Explorer. I then copy the new version of MYSITE onto the destination PC and open Catalog to check the transfer is OK. By doing this you haven't written over any files and Actinic will only upload any files you have altered.

Once I have checked everything is OK I then delete MYSITE2 using Windows Explorer. I find this a useful method if I am somewhere that only have a 56K connection speed...

Comment

If copying an entire Site you also need to copy / paste (via textfile) the information in Housekeeping / Security as this is held in the Registry and nowhere in the Site folder. If you don't do this you may be unable to decrypt any pending orders from the server.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X