Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date format changes on export

Hi

I export my data quite a bit as I reformat the products and upload to some comparison sites.

I noticed today that a customvar of Date changes from say Jun 05 in Actinic to being displayed as 5-Jun in excel (the acutal contents are 6/5/2005).

Rather annoyingly I had reimported as I was doing a bulk addiiotnl to Sub Sections, so all the previous formatting has been lost.

Is there a way to prevent this when exporting?

Thanks

Steven

Hi

I just opened in notepad, did a find a replace on all the data ie 5-Jun to Jun 05 and then saved as txt file. Then opened in Excel using comma seperated, but the date have again switched back to 5-Jun.

Steven

Comment

Sorry, this is running commentary.

I have fixed the date problem, simply by importing the text file as comma seperated, seems to have worked.

But, I am still interested to know how to export and open directly inexcel without losing date format.

Steven

Comment

Go to your excel preferences and set it to use the date format one you want as its default.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi

Sorry, where is the preference setting, I am using excel 2002.

Steven

Comment

My bad -

The default date format is based on settings on the Date tab in the Regional Settings dialog box (Microsoft Windows Control Panel). If these date settings have changed, any existing dates in your workbooks that have not been formatted with the Format Cells command also change.
            So the place to make the change is Control Panel | Regional and Language options. The short date format should be changed to mmm dd.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X