Fragment Location on Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment Location on Page

Can anyone tell me how to change the location of the fragments on a page?

I have a fragment here showing at the bottom of the page, but I would like it more visable at the top.

http://artymiss.co.uk/acatalog/test/...emums_140.html

I was told to pick it up in the content tree & drag it to the top of the section and 'drop it in the section heading'. I understand what this means, as I have used this method to arrange the products before.
    However, when I try it with fragments, it just keeps sending them to the bottom again.

Any ideas?
    ArtyMiss
    www.artymiss.co.uk
    Card Making & Craft Materials

Have you tried overriding the default and placing your section images at the bottom of the page?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Bill
      Any idea how I do this? I have looked through the options tab, but I can't see anything obvious.
      As you can probably tell, I am quite new to all this
      ArtyMiss
      www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

In the treeview on the left, select your Artymiss_Chrysanthemums_140 page. Then select the layout tab on the gray section on the right. Half-way down this tab, is Location and Arrangement of Section List. Tick Override default settings, tick bottom and apply.
        Bill

Comment

Bill,
          You are an absolute STAR! Thank you!
          I'm so close to opening the site up, just need to rweak a few bits like this and load in yet more products!

Do you mind if I aks you how you managed to get so much text in the boxes on your right sidebar? When I try & paste in text it tells me it is a limited field & I have exceeded the limit.
          ArtyMiss
          www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

I went to advanced, and added new custom properties, then went to design | options, added my new customvar and put my test into the customvar. Then I edited the template by adding CUSTOMVAR:MYRIGHTTEXTx where x was numerical according to the 'box' I was adding to.

Actinic counted the characters in the customvar name and found it fitted in the Access table defined width - no problem. Then when it writes the HTML code, it reads the contents of the OTHER table where the Customvar data is kept (and where there is not the same length restriction) and hey presto - working pages.

It helps that I am a database developer (in dBASE Plus) and so I am used to thinking out of the box for solutions to this type of restriction.
            Bill

Comment

Working...
            X