Upgrade to Developer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to Developer Question

I upgraded a site from Catalog 5 to Catalog 7. Then purchased Developer 7. I've started work on a couple of additional sites. However, my original site does not have the same Discount Options available as the new sites. Did I miss something in the upgrade or do I need to do something now to get the full range of options?
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

Hi Jeff

It looks like you are still using the Catalog Site, go into "Housekeeping", and you should see an option for "Upgrade". Select this. Now type in your developer licence key.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Easy as pie...thank you Nadeem.
      Jeff Pollack
      www.alldawgs.com
      www.profleeceusa.com
      www.4dogclubsonly.com
      www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

hi

i would like to trial developer,
        as abouve re:type in developer key, if after the trial i decide not to purchace will i just type back in my catalog key and be back to square 1..?

also regarding instalation, if i download the trial, on install does it just upgrade the files allready installed by my catalog, or is there more work to do..?
        Gary Simpson
        www.tba
        Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

Gary,
          There is only one Actinic programme with certain functions/abilities turned on/off by the Developer/Business/Catalog key, so you would need a second machine to trial developer on.

Just install the programme on this second machine, but don't enter your licence key, choose evaluate and then select developer. That will allow you to play with the features, but not to publish any resulting site(s) - you will need to buy the upgrade to developer to publish.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thanks bill

i was asking a bit much probably, to think i could conduct my regular buisiness with it for 30 days, it was the special offer features i really wanted to test on joe public you see.
            buissiness has the same features i belive, but i will certanly be building another store in the near future, hense developer... an awfull lot of money though ehh..?
            Gary Simpson
            www.tba
            Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

Going from a previous title to developer does mean you can get it discounted from the full version price, although still a lot of money if jumping from a Catalog site usage now.

Comment

Working...
              X