Changing button text i.e. 'Information' to 'About Us'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing button text i.e. 'Information' to 'About Us'

I would like to change to text buttons at the top of the page to be a little more user friendly.
    At the moment the default is 'Information' (the page where it picks up all the business settings, shipping & handling, etc). I would like to change this to read 'About Us'.
    Any ideas?

http://artymiss.co.uk/acatalog/test/acatalog
    ArtyMiss
    www.artymiss.co.uk
    Card Making & Craft Materials

Hi Amanda - have you gone to Design | Options | Navigation and tried changing the text in there?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Found it! Thanks
      ArtyMiss
      www.artymiss.co.uk
      Card Making & Craft Materials

Comment

This appears to be similar to what I'm trying to do also, but it ain't happening.

I'm using the Best Seller theme and would like to change the button wording from "Terms and Conds' to 'Terms etc.' Is it possible to do this or would a new .gif be required? I've tried altering the description in Designs/ Options/ Navigation but that made no difference. Have I got the wrong idea here or is there another way to do this?

One more question....on the LHS front page, the 'Contact Us' button takes you to our Contact Info screen with company name, address, phone number, etc. Moving to the next level, the Contact Us button is now at the top and it takes you to the E-mail form. I've been trying to find a way of using this button to display our Contact Info instead of the e-mail form, but so far without success. Can anyone tell me if this can be achieved and how to go about doing it?

Thanks,

Alistair

Comment

Originally posted by Gourockian
          I'm using the Best Seller theme and would like to change the button wording from "Terms and Conds' to 'Terms etc.' Is it possible to do this or would a new .gif be required? I've tried altering the description in Designs/ Options/ Navigation but that made no difference. Have I got the wrong idea here or is there another way to do this?
          It should work. I've just tried it and it works for me.

After altering the text what did you do? If you simply previewed a page in Content Tree, you need to move to another page for changes to show.
          Brian
          www.flowergallery.co.uk
          Same day flower delivery to UK
          Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
          International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Have you checked the Act_NavigationItem.html template to check if you are using images or text for the navigation? If Images are being used you will need to create a new image for the change of text and specify under Design | Options | Navigation

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Guys,

The HTML was indeed set for images instead of text. Now I just need to search around a bit more and try to increase the font size.

Regards,

Alistair

Comment

Working...
              X