Editing Store Sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Store Sections

How can i edit the store sections list (navigation bar on the top left of the page)?
    I currently have three sections before viewing a product (i.e. product, brand and then a section for each product), i do this so that i only have one product per page instead of a big list.

at the moment two sections are showing but i only want one to display as this list will be too long once all the products have been added.

If this is unclear please let me know as I cannot find any information on how to alter this.

Thanks
    Olly

Hi Olly,

Please could you provide us with a URL of your site? Just so i can see what section you are talking about?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial17089/index.html

Its only a trial at the moment, i'm just testing what different things i can do.
      Its the 'store sections' on the left that i want to change, i only want the bold sections to be displayed (see below)

multimeters
      Fluke multimeters
      megger multimeters
      Misc. Brand multimeters

Clampmeters
      Fluke clampmeters
      megger clampmeters

Thanks
      Olly

Comment

Hi Olly,

Yes on the left hand navigation, this is a javascript function, so to make changes here, you would need to find the following in your "Act_BrochurePrimary.html"

HTML Code:
        <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
        <!--
        function YahooSections(ar)
        {
        var strIDs = '';
        for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
        {
        if (ar[i].sURL != null)
        {
        strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><b><font color="#000000">' + ar[i].sName + '</font></b></span></a><br>';
        {
        if (ar[i].pChild)
        {
        for (var j=1;j<=ar[i].pChild.length;j++)
        {
        if (ar[i].pChild[j].sURL != null)
        {
        strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].pChild[j].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><font color="#000000">' + ar[i].pChild[j].sName + '</font></span></a><br>';
        }
        }
        }
        }
        strIDs += '<br>'
        }
        }
        return strIDs
        }
        //-->
        Currently the javascript will go down on 2 levels - subsections. You could simply have only the main section showing, and these is achieved by taking out the following:
        Code:
        {
        if (ar[i].pChild)
        {
        for (var j=1;j<=ar[i].pChild.length;j++)
        {
        if (ar[i].pChild[j].sURL != null)
        {
        strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].pChild[j].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><font color="#000000">' + ar[i].pChild[j].sName + '</font></span></a><br>';
        }
        }
        }
        Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

This doesn't appear to work as planned!

All the links dissapear on the homepage, (index.html) including the main section.
          Once i click on the products link all the sections then reappear.

I understand that i might have to repeat the process on another template to remove the second layer from the whole site but how can i just display the main sections

Thanks
          Olly

Comment

Hi Olly,

Please compare your "Act_BrochurePrimary.html" to my one attach to this thread. I have just tested it out and it works for me.

Kind Regards
            Attached Files
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Same thing needed in Act_primary please!

Hi Nadeem
              I've just logged in to the Community to search for this topic. I've been trying to carry out the edit in Act_Primary.html but get an error if I remove the same piece of code. (Site is not yet live, but working on a revision of existing site.)
              Rich
              Rich

Comment

Hi Rich,

Again works for me on the primary template. Please see the following attachment.

Kind Regards
                Attached Files
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                X