Main DataBase Corruption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main DataBase Corruption?

Wow, web site ecommerce is a bit like 'Nightmare On Elm Street', you never know what's just round the corner! Pity, I thought my site was getting fairly stable but here I am back in the mire.

I had a problem about 3 weeks ago (see thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=14128) in that I couldn't get the View Basket or Checkout Now functions to work, just got the error 404 message. The only way I solved this problem was to replace the ActinicCatalog.mdb file with an old version and then update it by importing data from an excel csv file. Things have been fine for 3 weeks.

So, first thing this morning I get the same problem again except this time I got a server 403 error. At first I thought the problem was with my Host but then I imported a site snapshot done 7 days ago and the site now works again. However, I did a number of mods to the site html after this date and I want to import some later snaphots but cannot because I get the following message half way though import:

FATAL ERRORS
    (File ImportBackup.cpp, Line 316) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
    Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 274) - Archive error 13 - Extract selected files call failed
    Library error - Error creating file C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.

Strange thing is, snapshots prior to the 7th June can be imported and run ok. Later snapshots generate the above error. When I created the later snapshots, Actinic reported that they had been successfully completed.

Anybody got a wooden stake I can drive through this bug's heart?

Delboy

Well just thought I'd let the group know that everything now works again. I replaced the mdb with a version a week old, updated it from my excel csv data file, added all the latest html files that I had modified and now everything works again (but don't know why or what caused the problem in the first place). Even the snapshots that previously wouldn't run will now import properly. BUT I have a feeling that this problem's like a comet, it'll be back!

Delboy.

Comment

There is a compact database option on the housekeeping menu, run this if anything like this happens again.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Good advice Jan. I would go further and say run the Compact Databases option EVERY time you change content, and especially if you have done any deletes. Access is not the most robust of databases, and does not regather the emptied space until you run the compact.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks guys, good advice. You learn something every day!

Delboy

Comment

Working...
          X