Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template Process

Hi,

I'm slightly confused by the structure (location) of the templates for Actinic and the best practice for designing a custom template.

If I am to design a custom template based on a one of the provided ones, is it advised to create it in the Formats\Themes directory and apply it using the Design --> Themes option in the menu?

If anyone could explain the following directories and their significance to the template process, it would also be greatly appreciated:

- \Formats\Themes
    - \Sites\Site1\
    - \Sites\Site1\SiteHTML
    - \Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML

Thanks,

Andonis

Hi there

The best advise i can give, is to first read the design guide. This can be found in "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Starter Guide\DesignGuide.pdf". This will explain how the templates work.
    Once you are familar with the templates like "Act_Primary.html", then i would suggest in using the clean layout in "Design | Themes". This way you can change the primary layout in Dreamweaver.
    You would not need to add any folders in format/themes.

- \Formats\Themes
    This is where you backup themes are kept

- \Sites\Site1\
    This where your store templates are kepts.

- \Sites\Site1\SiteHTML
    This is where the fully generated pages are kept when you go to "Advance | Generate Website"

- \Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML
    This is where the preview generate pages are kept, when you preview your whole site.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X