Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other info fields

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to turn off the "required field" status of: Other info questions found in the layout tab of product details.

many thanks
    mal

If you only want to ask the Other Info questions for certain products, then simply leave this field blank for products where you don't require to ask the question. If any text is entered here it appears on the site as a question, and the field has required status .

If you mean you want the question asked for all products, but to have a reply optional, this is not possible. However, you could get round this by altering the question by adding a suggestion to enter something like, for example "none", "0" etc if they want to bypass the question.
    Brian
    www.flowergallery.co.uk
    Same day flower delivery to UK
    Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
    International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Thanks for the reply Brian. Im trying to get a card message similar to what you have achieved on the first page of your order pages.
      Many thanks Mal

Comment

Found the answer. Go to options/text and search for ID 2161 and modify the field below:

%s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d" VALUE="%s" %s>

to

%s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d" VALUE="Type your message here" %s>

this will enter the text as a default and allow the order to proceed.

Comment

Have site under development (Developer 7). Made change to ID 2161 as above. When add to cart I see the personalization before being returned to shop. On "View Cart" it's gone and the default "Type Personalization Desired Here" appears.

Here is the problem location: This Page

I know you can't tie the Question to a Component/Attribute/Choice but obviously we'd have to call everyone who ordered a qualifying choice to see if they wanted Personalization and what...

Help please.

Thanks!
          Jeff Pollack
          www.alldawgs.com
          www.profleeceusa.com
          www.4dogclubsonly.com
          www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Hi Jeff

I'm just asking the development regarding this query.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thank you Nadeem. Look forward to the answer.
              Jeff Pollack
              www.alldawgs.com
              www.profleeceusa.com
              www.4dogclubsonly.com
              www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Hi Jeff

Okay you need to edit the ActinicOrder.pm in notepad, Search for 2161 and replace

Code:
                $sHTML = ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 2161, "", $sIndex, 35, 1000, $sValue, 
                $sStyle);
                with

Code:
                # $sHTML = ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 2161, "", $sIndex, 35, 1000, $sValue, $sStyle);
                $sHTML = sprintf("%s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME='%s' SIZE='%d' MAXLENGTH='%d' VALUE='%s' %s>","", $sIndex, 35, 1000, $sValue, $sStyle);
                Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Works a charm, Nadeem. Thank you...and thank the folks in the back room.

Now...for a wish list addition. You should be able to tie it to a component choice!!!!

Thanks again.
                  Jeff Pollack
                  www.alldawgs.com
                  www.profleeceusa.com
                  www.4dogclubsonly.com
                  www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

This thread threw up a problem I didn't realise I had - I didn't realise the Other Info Question was compulsory. The change to text 2161 obviously helps this but it would be nice to be able to set it per product. I tried setting up a Customvar INFOQDEFAULT, and then using that as CUSTOMVAR:INFOQDEFAULT in text 2161 but it's interpreted as a literal string. Any way of using a customvar in this way?

Thanks,
                    simon
                    CultPens
                    Cult Pens

Comment

Hi Simon

I'm afraid not, it just what you have written, anything you put in there will be just processed like a string or html coding, not a variable

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Well, the site went live...the cart has and retains the Personalization from the Other Info prompt. The very first order is for an item with personalization and no personalization is coming through. The Other Info box with the "Enter Personalization Desire Here" is showing.

Called client and they placed an order for a personalized product and the order doesn't even contain the Other Info box.

Need to fix or we'll have to call for every order that qualifies for personalization to find out if they wanted it...and what it should be.

Help...please.
                        Jeff Pollack
                        www.alldawgs.com
                        www.profleeceusa.com
                        www.4dogclubsonly.com
                        www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Hi Jeff

I have done the same thing on my version 7.0.4 UK Build and it works fine, I get a default text which i change to something, and checkout. Once i have downloaded the order i see the changed text, not the default text. Have you tried doing a test order on your own site?

Kind Regards
                          Nadeem Rasool
                          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem:

The very first order we received showed the box with the default copy showing so it was possible the buyer didn't fill anything in.

To test we placed another order with a personalization filled in and we got nothing...no default, nothing.

Jeff
                            Jeff Pollack
                            www.alldawgs.com
                            www.profleeceusa.com
                            www.4dogclubsonly.com
                            www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Hi Jeff,

So strange, as it works on mine. You would need someone to have a look at your site to see why this is not working, please raise an email ticket on: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm.

Kind Regards
                              Nadeem Rasool
                              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                              X