"Best selling" top 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Best selling" top 5

Sure this has been asked before but I can't find anything with the search...

Is it possible (via a new v7 feature, or a custom add-on) to implement a 'best selling' table?

I would want this in a window down the side, and preferably on a per section basis (ie. in the DVD section list the top 5 best selling DVDs in that section, in the book section the top 5 books etc).

If this is not feasible then how about just a site wide top 10 that would be the same on each page?
    John

I know you can create your own list of product lists and give it any title you want <grin>. I have not found a way to produce screen rendition of a genuine 'Here is what is really selling" feature in the standard Actinic product. I am cynical, I interpret such a list to mean - here's what I want to get rid of - when I do find one on a site.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You can buy a plug in that will do the 'top selling' bit. I don't think it can do this by section though.

see: http://www.ecommerce.uk.com/actinic_plugins.html

If I ever get time I'll be doing something similar in excel, but you could probably do it in access too if you're familiar with it.

Mike

PS. Jo has been running this on surf-wax so she might be able to give us some feedback on how well this worked. I noticed that she no longer runs the 'top selling' bit, but is using the 'related products', 'also bought' and 'reviews' bits.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The hack on my site on a section by section basis is to create a HTML page with the URL linking through to the specific product and call that page into the Act_Primary template with a CUSTOMVAR specified against each section... this is sometimes a genuine list of top 5 or as Bill rightly says a list of what I am looking to move

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

In the reports section in Actinic there is a list of top selling products, this information must be coming from the database…I was wondering why it seems too difficult to import the data into a html page and maybe use a customvar to bring that page into your Actinic store…surly it can’t be that difficult to do for someone who knows about databases?, even easier because its an Access database? Obviously I’m not the database expert here and some might find my next comment extremely hard to believe but I might even be wrong in my thinking?
          If this is quite tricky to do, maybe a future Actinic version could have this feature added?

Comment

I was having problems with the scripts which is why I took the best sellers feature off, I haven't had time to put it back.

I have noticed that since implementing the cross sell stuff I get more orders for multiple items.

I really need to sort the images out on surf-wax to get them all the same size and uniform name so I can then include images in the results.

We ran 2 best seller lists top10 on the index page and top 50 for Christmas pressie ideas.

I will reinstate the top 50 for Xmas

Comment

The info on their site seems a bit 'light' - do you know if there is an option of having an amazon style 'people also bought' when adding to the basket (rather than just as a link next to the product)?

When adding an item it displays the 'also bought' and basket contents on the same page, which would be useful...
              John

Comment

I think it does. I chose to not use that feature as it slowed the cart down

Comment

Working...
                X